bonnet

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, my first thought would have to be accident damage.
What are the door shut lines like, even all the way down and the same both sides.
Is the shut line at the rear of the bonnet even.

Could be a twisted bonnet or dodgy hinge.
If you can borrow a known good bonnet to try you may find a way forward.
Offhand I dont know if there are adjustable bonnet stops on the inner panel, they may be too high.

Is it flush at the driver side and too high for the wing at passenger side? Just trying to get clearer picture.

Hi had a look at mine to find non adjustable bonnet stops on the wing.
you could try removing thsese to see if it makes a difference.
Is the half inch equal all the way from front to back as the only adjustment I can see must be the lock, unless the hinge adjusts up and down on the body.

Try the bolts on the inner wing, but it may well be the hing is bent, is the bonnet stiff to open.

Possably twisted the hing of twisted the hing position on the pins, on the inner wing.

Should be two bolts which attaching to captive nuts on the inner wing.

Should have some movement
http://ebayapi.loc8apartltd.netdna-cdn.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/SVQAAOSwcdBWTkbK/$_1.JPG

Ha..............ha...........stop. End line
That's.......funny.....stop. End line

there are 2 hard rubber stoppers under the bonnet, you can turn them to screw them in and out to adjust the hight of the bonnet when its closed ;)

john & Jake the dog said:
[post]346326[/post] Hi, my first thought would have to be accident damage.
What are the door shut lines like, even all the way down and the same both sides.
Is the shut line at the rear of the bonnet even.

Could be a twisted bonnet or dodgy hinge.
If you can borrow a known good bonnet to try you may find a way forward.
Offhand I dont know if there are adjustable bonnet stops on the inner panel, they may be too high.
:)

Quick question is it high at the back, front or all the way down the side.
If at just the front it will be like lusid666 points out, or it's had a light front impact on one side so check the front alinement to the bumper. Standing on the passanger side look across the bumper lines and see if there's any difference co paired to the drivers side.
If it's high at the back it's libel to be a bent hing, hing missalingment, (yes there is some movement in them) if it's all the way down it could be some one has replaced the wing, and its pattern is slightly lower that the original, so it's actually sitting low. A tell tail of this may be gap on the door, or examination on the inside of the wing to see if the paint colour has changed.

Back