both sills inner and outer

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant believe the written response from that company with the painfully ironic name!

Why in the hell when you have orders for sills and arches in a reasonable amount do you go off on a tangent
about allegedly planning to make Front wings, front inner wings, and rear quarter panels for FRP'S.

Used front wings are pretty readily available and even in the correct colour if your patient. Possibly even new oem are available?

The need for front inner wings would be so low as to not be worth making, in fact I have only seen one inner wing repair done on here in years.

Likewise the uptake for FRP quarter panels on their own must be tiny.

I wonder how many Puma owners will end up having to scrap their cars while that company makes plans to make stuff hardly anyone will want?

It doesn't make sense.

It is a pretty bitter disappointment. I feel for Rob as he's taken a fair bit of flack on the facebook page alone.

I'm sorry to hear that, no reasonable person would think it was his fault as he's clearly only trying
to help folks out again at no profit to himself.

On a positive note there must be some company in the country or even elsewhere who would be delighted to make
some.

NHC Panels expressed interest in doing so when I approached them originally. The chap was nice on the phone. However I understand Expressed now own the panels so we are at their mercy. Not off to a good start with the Puma community though, which is a real shame.

Its probably very possible for a good used pair to be cut off a car or two cars and be used to make new ones.

In fact depressed panels were asking for a shell at one point I believe, very likely for that reason.

In fact in the absence of new ones being made available this could be a repair replacement option.

I would guess IanG would have a good pair at any given time.

Hopefully we will get there sooner rather than later. I will rattle mikes cage again soon. But have manage to sort a little deal with him

Nice to see this is coming to fruition well done to all those who kept this alive and kept at it. :thumbs:

a few have had the sills and replaced succefully as fair as i'm aware off,

i've also emailed expressed today about the other parts and got this reply

Thank you for your enquiry.

We don’t have any updates on the Puma panels just yet but we now have a Puma mailing list so we can let you know as soon as the panels are priced and available to order. Would you like me to add you to the list?

Back