Brake disc help for Wilwood callipers

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott134

Hi guys,

I bought a second hand set of Wilwood callipers with discs for my Puma. I believe the discs are 283mm. They were definitely a little larger than the standard discs that came off my 1.7. Anyway, the discs are quite warped and need replacing and I am struggling to find something to replace them with. There doesn't seem to be a standard Wilwood "kit" where I can just buy replacement discs. As I have to buy new discs anyway, I would like to take the opportunity to upgrade to 300mm discs if possible.

So, my question is whether anyone knows if I could simply bolt on a pair of 300mm Focus ST170 discs without any further mods and use my existing Wilwood callipers?

I have the callipers already fitted and they work fine apart from the awful brake judder due to the warped discs! These are the callipers I have:
http://www.wilwood.com/Calipers/CaliperProd.aspx?itemno=120-7328" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From searching the internet, ST170 discs seem to be 300mmx24mm.

The minimum/maximum disc measurements are on the link above. The max disc width works out to just over 26mm and the minimum disc width is 23.87mm. The min/max diameters are 273mm/309mm respectively. The diameter seems fine but the width seems a little tight to me.

Does anyone have any experience or views on whether this will work? If not, any other suggestions?

Any help appreciated, as I'm dying to get the car back on the road and this is all that is holding me up now!! :lol:

Cheers,

Scott

I have the wilwood 6 pots with 300mm focus st170 discs, works fine, my calipers did need 4mm shims behind them and the alu bracket though to bring them central on the disc

Thanks Steve.
I think I'll give it a try. If it doesn't fit, I'll sell the discs and then try ST150 discs instead! :lol:

Latest posts

Back