Brakes cack after pad change

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burn669

Hi,

Any ideas on this little gem???

While getting a puncture repaired at Kwik Fit the guy there pointed out that front brake pads were very low he also said that i could probably do with new discs as well.
Not to sound rude i asked him for a price to replace these parts.
5 mins and a couple of calls later he came to me with a quote of £196.54

Astounded as the price a said that i'd have to leave until pay day as didn't have the cash.

£31.14 for new pads from Ford's not too bad i thought so picked them up fitted them with no issues but now the brakes feel worse than with the virtually none existent old pads

Straight forward job that i've done before on the Puma and other cars but have not had this problem.

Did you fit new discs and pads then or new pads to the old discs? Never trust Kwik Fit for a diagnosis, they'll always find something to charge you for or that you need doing.

How long have you given the pads to bed in? Most decent pads come with instructions on correct bedding procedures, usually a series of stops from increasing speeds, I imagine the ford pads wouldn't come with any instructions like that but they'll take a little while to work at full efficiency.

New pads to old discs.
No instructions in the the box just the new pads.
It just seamed strange as i done brake pads before and never had this problem.

They've been a bit better today than yesterday so must be bedding in but they started off really bad.

Back