BTCC Rockingham Speedway - Sunday 23rd September 2012

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to everyone that came to Rockingham today - I know it was an early start but I hope you agree with me that it was worth it :)

We had the *only* on-event club car stand which was literally 10 paces to the grandstand with lost of passing people traffic promoting the cars and club brilliantly.

The racing was great all day with the added spice of the rain even if it was a bit cold but that's when the "club lounge" cordoned off area inside was great as it was warm, had tables and chairs, hot drinks and a live feed on the tv.

Next year I'll be enquiring about a hospitality suite for us depending on price. Might even get some Scalectrix for fun between races.

Thanks again!

Pictures thread here: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=18410" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just got in after a horrible drive home in the pouring rain, but what a great day! (If a little bit chilly and soggy)

Good to see all the usual faces - Dal and Cherie, Yvonne and the crew (especially shrunk-in-the-wash Michael McIntyre), Mr Tom, Aaron and Lottie, Ian (love the progress on #62), Rich and Han (enjoy the book!), Amanda, Vix and Kev.

Great to meet some new faces too - Mac (thanks for breakfast - what a gent!), Lee (I'll ping you that link about ecigs), and Mr DOH.

Thanks for organising this, Dal. I had a fab time. :thumbs:

Sad that meet season is drawing to a close for 2012. :(

Had a fantastic day yesterday, shame about the weather and my feet were squelching in my shoes but despite that it was great :thumbs: always gotta love touring cars :D

BIG THANKS to Dal for organising it and getting us a great location for the stand. :thumbs:

Great to see everyone again, Dal, Cherie, Rob, Tom, Vix, Kev, Yvonne, Jay, Aaron, Lottie, Ian and Lee
And good to put some more faces to names, Rich, Dom and DOH

Special thanks to Mac for not just a great day but a perfect weekend .. :wub:

Will get my piccies up soon probably along with the Ford Fair ones lol.. I didn't take many though as soon as the rain started the camera went away.

Looking forward to the next ProjP gathering I can attend! :thumbs:

Sounds like everyone got a tad wet also! just about managed to get home on incredibly flooded roads, with heaters on full blow trying to try out! Han and I had a great day and it was great to meet up again and put some more faces to the forum.

Thanks Dal for organising a great day, cars got a lot of attention in prime spot! looking forward to seeing everyone again. :thumbs:

Thanks Dal for organising this. We had a great day out although we were very tired from the early start.Agreed the stand was in a prime spot, I personally heard quite a few separate groups from up in the main stand, remark on all those great looking Pumas down there. Although the main stand had a roof ,It was a pity that I still had to use my umbrella as the roof was leaking badly. Rockinghham needs to send someone to fix that (if it isn't mentioned, they might be unaware of the problem).

It was great to meet up with new faces, as well as those earlier in the year. Keep up the hard work with the Pumas.All people I have met from the forum so far, have been a great friendly bunch to be with.

Please excuse my early exit , but we were all suffering from the cold and tiredness and left to avoid the expected delays getting out.
Hope to see you all soon. :)

great day yestersay, think my feet have just about dried out! racing was great and weather... well its england, what more could we expect!

I think we got away lightly with the weather - it's been chucking it down here all day today and heavier than yesterday!

Very new really to the whole meet thing but I enjoyed the day.
Such was my thoughts about meets... I thought a meet would be better if it had an activity like going to the BTCC or a trackday etc rather than filling up tesco car park, so Dal, you organised a great one there. Excellent spot too!! Next time... symetry of stand...
It was really good to meet everyone and get some faces!

Lee I will give you a buzz next month sometime to discuss the dash.
Jay... You disappeared on Sunday, but long story short... if you're heading out on the track, let me know and I'll come along!

I dare say more days like that should be planned.. so what it was raining.. I thoroughly enjoyed myself!!!

A great day and a Perfect weekend!

Back