Cam/Crank Oil Seal Diamiter

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishmonkey

done a google search and had no luck.. There is 3 different kits on ebay but I have no clue which is the right one..

since I am getting the cambelt done this weekend I thought it would be a good idea to change these too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Crank-Oil-Seal-Ford-Mazda-Volvo-ELRING-023-590-/400738344738?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3APuma%7CCars+Year%3A2001%7CPlat_Gen%3AEC_%7CCars+Type%3A1.7+16V&hash=item5d4ddddf22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is the set I think I need

tuonokid said:
Buy it from Ford then you'll get the right ones.
Barry

Thanks, anywhere I can order online or will I have to go to the dealer?

online would be better as I work nights

Wild E. Coyote said:
http://www.fordpartsuk.com

Just put in your VIN and you will get a quote

you legend, thanks.

I'm getting the cambelt ki/water pump fitted this Friday so its going to be a rush for them to get here. maybe best I go to the dealer anyway

to do both ends of the crank you really need to remove the sump sections and flywheel...

if your just doing the front seal, you'll still need to remove the sump sections and oil pump to then lever it out and press the new one in place without damaging it..

it's a lot of work for a small seal...but worth it :cool:

el dude said:
to do both ends of the crank you really need to remove the sump sections and flywheel...

if your just doing the front seal, you'll still need to remove the sump sections and oil pump to then lever it out and press the new one in place without damaging it..

it's a lot of work for a small seal...but worth it :cool:

Thanks for that tip. Guess I will leave this for now then unless there is oil leaking when the cambelt gets done.

Please excuse the thread resurrection, but...

I`m fitting my FRP cams today, all is going well and I`d be done in half an hour, except...

The oil seal on the vct pulley seems to be way too small.
The outer (58mm) is nice and snug, but the inner has a 2mm gap all the way around (shaft 40mm, seal size 44mm)!
Now the car was running like this (new engine to me) and there is not the oil slick I would have expected, but surely this is wrong.
Before I pack up the tools and head to Ford. Ams I right in thinking it should, well, seal?

Latest posts

Back