Cambelt Cover Causing horrible vibration noise

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
facepalm.jpg

God help me lol

Looks ok on the video but it shows better when you pull up on the belt. Hmm however I have just seen your video of the noise and thats the racket mine made when the tensioner wasnt correctly tensioned. The annoying bit is i had 2 belts put on after the initial cambelt change when it started as the mechanic who i entrusted it too couldnt fix it. I worked it out for myself stripping the cam covers off using a mirror to check it. It wasnt even a hard fix to just slacken the one bolt off push the tensioner stop forward and tighten again... Alot of money wasted for one BOLT! I wouldnt advise doing it yourself mind if your not spanner handy lol

I did level 1 and 2 vehicle maintenance and repair at college in 2006-2007 and changing a cambelt was one of my assignments, can barley remember what todo tho, and that was on a engine that was out of a car ;/

It is damn tricky I can tell you. Started to do my cam belt kit, water pump, gasket and aux belt service yesterday. My father is a retired mechanic and many bolts were on solid, got halfway through and decided to have a break. Will continue once better weather arrives. Never going to attempt another with the car on axle stands.

Hope you get it sorted soon Spike.

If only! that or ohv, plus enough room in an engine bay to have a small soiree as well :grin:

Back