Camping Trip in the Lake District... 11th-13th Sept 2010

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

I know this is a way off but putting up mainly for gauging interest...

Ive been pondering over this for a couple of months now and have managed to look into abit more detail since I have had more time on my hands...

Basically, meet up at Scotch Corner Saturday morning...starting the weekend off with a blast through the dales and along Buttertubs pass and such...
leading back to the A66 and along to Waterside Campsite aka Pooley Bridge...

http://www.watersidefarm-campsite.co.uk/

I have looked at the prices for the weekend (2 nights)

Mid Season as this is the proposed time
*Tent (2 adults and 1 car) = £14 per night
*Extra car = £3.50 per night
*Extra Person = £3.50 per night

Evening BBQ's or pub meals as the village is only a mile down the road and the daytime will be filled with driving routes through the North Yorkshire Dales...

Possible Roads....

Butterubs Pass
http://www.drivingroads.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=48

Ribblehead Viaduct
http://www.visitcumbria.com/carlset/ribvia.htm
If you think you would be up for this then pop your name in the thread

**as I say its quite a way off yet so no hurry! but will be a damn good laugh lol**

Interestees

zarablackcoupe
Zenithus
Neil
Spike (Ross)
e3silversurfer
crystalpuma
00fergie
Dal and Cherie
mort666
nippydee
the old gimmer
Supersonic
Caloubear + 1
Guy Incognito, Kyra and Emily
Butch and Jenny
Studge
Harryhendo
Scotty1.7

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Haven't used my tent in a while so I'm definitley up for it :D

interested >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> me!

I have a tent too! Well if it survives another festival season! :lol:

its September now! the last 2 weekends has been red hot! I was at the beach last Saturday.. even so you car has heaters doesnt it ;)

:?

I'll have you know i've "tented" many-a-time.

The best one was camping half way up Snowdon, then helping carry an fellow member down to the YHA place down the mountain at Rhyd Ddu in upcoming snow due to her burst appendix at 2am.

:p

This'll be brilliant! Any excuse for another run up Buttertubs of course... Camping should be fun too though, even though it's way out of my comfort zone, should be interesting :-D

OOO cool beans :D

Its out my comfort zone too Jamie but if you fancy coming when I go to drive sum of the routes your more than welcome :D

aye.. im sure we'll get lost sumwhere haha!!

just want at least sum idea of the roads over there and maybe just an excuse for the 'tubs' lol

oh Nankangs! HELL YEAH!!! :D

You bored Zara...nothing to do but think of something to do in a year...lol.

Bit far ahead for me plus my last camping experience got the Pu' infested in ants...lol
Carried all the camping stuff around for a month and slept in it one night...doh!!

haha been thinking about this for more like 4 months haha so a year and a half ahead ;)

always good to plan early mate ;) :p

You can add me to the list of possibles too if you like, although it obviously depends on what happens in the next year.

Camping in September should be OK :) Going to be camping in early October at Santa pod this year and two years ago we had a bike club night with camping in late october. Woke up with a nice layer of frost on the tents :D
Camping at Tan Hill in September last year was a bit nippy :funny:

No probs Paul :)

Tan Hill...?! surprised you didnt get blown away haha!!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back