Central Locking issue

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PumaHammer

Hi guys,

I have had a look at this, and the key would not lock both doors. I found that the blue fuse on position 8 was missing so I put a new one in. Now my mirrors work, and also the central locking but it locks the unlocks right after. I have only used the key in the lock as I suspect the fob needs a new battery.

I have looked and tried to find an answer to this but couldn't, so have come on to ask your advice :)

Sorry if it's already on here. If it is, please link me to it and I will delete this thread.

Cheers,

Steve.

Cheers mate. Is that the one in the driver footwell or the part in the door? It happens when I try the key in both doors, not sure if that makes any difference. Could it be both sides if it's the door part?

Ah, just looked the part up on ebay. Not the module, so how do I find which one I need to change please?

Hi its not a problem I have had but iirc squirting wd 40 into the locks leaving them to soak and repeatedly opening and closing them to ease them might help in conjunction with disconnecting the battery so both door mechanisms sync up for want of a better word. Possibly might be wise to do the same with the boot lock although Im not sure if the boots supposed to lock the doors manually. Youll need your radio code if you disconnect the battery.

If you find you need the locking catch mechanisms I have both for sale

Cheers matey, will give that a try. The guy I bought it off said it hadn't been used for a few months so maybe that has something to do with it.

Ok, have soaked the locks in WD40 over the weekend and still no joy :-(

Only the driver side works from the key on that side and the same on passenger. Just locks and unlocks.

How do I know which side needs a new part please?

Cheers,

Steve.

As a guess, and this is only a guess, so don't take this as gospel....

Disconnect the drivers locking motor see if problem persists.
Disconnect the passenger side and see if problem persists.

Maybe disconnecting the 'faulty' one will stop it unlocking again?

Hi,

Thanks for that, worth a go will see if I can squeeze it in over the weekend.

Cheers,

Steve.

I read your with interest I first came across this problem in 1987 when Ford started to fit this type of central locking back then
we tried allsorts to sort it out but in the end it was allways that the door locks had seized up and not a fault of the electrical system. WD 40 can help, also take out the lock mechnism and try to regrease all the moving parts you can find.
This might sound daft but if the door key works in the lock and the CDL does not cycle on this door then this is the faulty lock.
The reason is that you are powering the lock over the siezed bit (in most cases anyway).

Latest posts

Back