CHANGE OF COLOUR?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onevone

Hi guys i am thinking of a colour swap,im wanting to change my red puma to a melina blue one.Could anyone guide me in the right direction on how much it will cost, and to find a good workshop in the Yorkshire area.Thanks.

Ooh, finally a question I can help with lol.

For any spray work, or body mods I highly recommend this guy:

His name is Daz, and his business is called Imageworx

Address is:

Imageworx
Unit 7
Crags Park Ind Est
Creswell
S80 4AJ

Tel no: 07762 486701

If you say you've been recommended by Damo off Briskoda who you did all the paint for his Black Octavia vRS, he will give you a good price.
I'm going to him in a few weeks for the 206 rear arches and spraying. He's quoted me £350 all in and that's by far the cheapest quote I've had.
His work is top notch.

Best of luck whoever you decide to go with

Cheers

Damo

Ps, have you thought about having it wrapped instead?

Sounds like this guy could do with going on the Garage list!

STEAVIE said:
wow thats cheap! post some pics after so we can have a butchers! :eek:k:

Will do.
Forgot to say, that price is with me providing the actual 206 arches as well, and they are around £50 for both
Cheers
Damo

I've added him to the Garage List Bodyshop section on your recommendation. :eek:k:

evilrob said:
Sounds like this guy could do with going on the Garage list!

I will have a word with Daz when I take mine in, and tell him there might be a queue of Puma's heading his way :D

He's a really nice guy, and a car nut (although he is a VW fanatic)

He even opens up for me on a Sunday, just so I can drop the car in (he only lives up the road from his unit)

As I said he's done me a fair amount of work, and it's always been of the highest quality. I will take some pics when he's done mine and you can judge yourselves

In the meantime, this was his work on my Octy vRS (bonnet, colour coded grill, front bumper, roof, rear bumper and boot and colour coded sidestrips and bumper inserts) looked as good as new

freshpainted1a.jpg

Cheers

Damo

250 per side is about the going rate to cut out and weld new metal in and spray, so 450 is fairly cheap but not massively lol

Well I've just ordered the wings, £50 for both delivered, so with the £350 all in fitting and painting, I make that £400 Scubasteve :grin:

I'm well happy with that anyway, will post up pics next month

Cheers

Damo

onevone said:
can you get your full car wrapped and choose any colour?

Yes, anything is possible with wrapping a car, right from straight forward colour changes to camo and picture wraps.

Bear in mind that a good wrap will cost around £1200-1500 depending where you go.
That makes it on par with spray painting.

Each method could be done in stages, eg roof and bonnet, then bumpers etc

Do a search for vinyl wraps in your area, see how much they're charging

Best of luck

Damo

damo :-) said:
onevone said:
can you get your full car wrapped and choose any colour?

Yes, anything is possible with wrapping a car, right from straight forward colour changes to camo and picture wraps.

Bear in mind that a good wrap will cost around £1200-1500 depending where you go.
That makes it on par with spray painting.

Each method could be done in stages, eg roof and bonnet, then bumpers etc

Do a search for vinyl wraps in your area, see how much they're charging

Best of luck

Damo
Wouldnt you be better getting a spray job then ?

That's a fair point Martin

I guess it depends how much you want to keep that car, or if you've already spent a lot on maintenance or modifications.

If you did want to keep that particular car, and its a straight forward colour swap, then I would have it sprayed

If you wanted something a bit different, eg camo or colour contrasts etc then a wrap would probably be cheaper

Like I said, you can break the cost down by having it done in stages, with both methods

Let us know how you go on anyway

Cheers

Damo

it would be cheaper to buy a melina blue one but like damo says i have put a lot of money into this one plus blue ones are pre 2000 and big mileage.Mine is a 2000 model and only done 70k.

Back