Channel 4 F1 team lineup

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
CdBFjhkW0AAbThf.jpg:large

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/formula-1/profiles/channel-4-team/

C4, which replaces the BBC as the UK's free-to-air F1 broadcaster this year, has chosen Steve Jones - best known for presenting The X Factor USA - to front its coverage.

"There are a lot of elements we will be changing," said Jones. "I am beyond excited to be part of C4's F1 coverage. I am a huge fan so it really is a dream come true."

He joins the previously confirmed David Coulthard, while Ben Edwards retains the lead commentator he previously held at the BBC alongside the Scotsman - who will also appear as 'lead expert analyst'.

Ex-HRT and Lotus driver Karun Chandhok has been named as 'technical analyst', with former Williams development driver Susie Wolff and nine-time Grand Prix winner Mark Webber also taking on 'expert analyst' roles along with Coulthard.

"I'm very proud to be part of C4 team in F1 this season," said Wolff. "The start of the F1 season is not far away and we are all raring to go."

Lee MacKenzie reprises her BBC pitlane reporting role, while completing the rotating line-up of pundits are Eddie Jordan - who is also part of the BBC's revamped Top Gear programme - Bruno Senna, Alain Prost, Nicolas Hamilton and veteran commentator Murray Walker.

It was also confirmed that former Williams F1 driver and CART champion Alex Zanardi will also be making 'guest' appearances on C4's coverage, while current Renault driver Jolyon Palmer will also be a columnist.

C4's Jay Hunt said: “This is the dream team – we've brought together the very best in screen and off screen talent to make Channel 4's coverage unmissable.”

Did Suzi Perry refuse their offer or was she not considered?!

Hopefully it'll still work and the shake up in format should be food, although I think they are dumbing it down a bit for less hardcore fans :s

She's just signed up for BT Sport:
http://sport.bt.com/more-sport-hub/more-sport/bt-sport-signs-tv-presenter-suzi-perry-S11364044894448

Fair enough, I'm said to lose her though, thought she was good! Not sure about the Steve chap. Actually I really miss Jake, he was great IMO.

Latest posts

Back