Chris's Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to say those new wipers are working superbly. No squeaks, and clear the window well :eek:k:

Bear in mind using longer wipers than standard will put additional load on the wiper motor which could cause it to burn out :(

Not all aero wipers work well ay high speed, the first eBay set I had were pants (you live and learn) and wouldn't stay on the screen above 85mph.

The Valeo XTRM ones I have now are brilliant :cool:

this is turning into a thread just about wipers!

Yippee-I presume they did the oil, plugs, oil filter, fitted the brake pads n discs I already had, replaced that rear brake cylinder thing and anything else they do on a yearly service apart from air filter. The garage is in Stokesley which I use as its a 3 mile drive from my house, and they post the bill so don't know exactly.

Jeeez, that's a little trusting isn't it. I'm sure I wouldn't give a garage the option of 'just send me the bill'. Especially in the current climate I'm pretty sure the majority of garage's would be adding a fair few 'sundries' or 'miscellaneous items'!!

The garage is local and we've used it for years, run by a family and my dad knows the owner (and main mechanic well) so its not a problem

Got my 1st estimate for the rear arch treatment....

Drivers side (cut out arch, new metal put in, painted) £315
Passengers side ('repair' arch, presumably meaning grind off and fill holes, then paint) £170

These prices seem to be for each job to be separate so there may be a discount if I had both sides done at same time. The passenger side isn't too bad from what you can see, but if its bad underneath it could return soon if its not replaced in terms of metal.

I'll be getting more estimates, but what are peoples thoughts?

Right, such is my love for my Puma.....I have just sold my 2 week old PS3! :( Still, I wouldn't use it THAT much and I'd sped more on it with games etc in future.
The money is going towards the rust treatment I prev explained.

Got more quotes for both rear arches replacing with new metal, painted etc.

Basically, im looking at £500 for both doing properly to look brand new. Just giving it some thought, but may well go for it, and soon.

chris3boro said:
Right, such is my love for my Puma.....I have just sold my 2 week old PS3! :( Still, I wouldn't use it THAT much and I'd sped more on it with games etc in future..

Heh...spend the money on some track action, better tyres etc...

I haven't touched my PS2 really since buying this Milly :D

BOK said:
chris3boro said:
Right, such is my love for my Puma.....I have just sold my 2 week old PS3! :( Still, I wouldn't use it THAT much and I'd sped more on it with games etc in future..

Heh...spend the money on some track action, better tyres etc...

I haven't touched my PS2 really since buying this Milly :D

It's going towards getting the arches done!

NEWS!!!

The Puma is booked in to have both rear arches cut out and new metal put in :D It's going in on Monday 2nd March! Yay!

Well the Puma's going in for its new rear arches on Monday morning and will be there all week, so Ill get some 'before' pics over this weekend.

Oh and the puma was 8 years old on Monday just gone! My present to it is the surgery! :)

DRIVERS SIDE

DSCF1414.jpg

(just before it joins rear bumper)

DSCF1415.jpg

(bottom of arch, where it wraps around to under the arch)

DSCF1417.jpg

And....the flat, dull paintwork from the previous owner thinking they knew what they were doing. You can see patches of dull paint and a line near the drivers door where the nice paint starts.

DSCF1418.jpg

PASSENGER SIDE:

Only one spot, but also a bit on the metal that wraps around at the bottom.

DSCF1419.jpg

Also this caused by stonechips which will get sorted (at the lower curve of the door frame)

DSCF1422.jpg

And finally a little ding on the rear panel, just noticeable but want that gone too!

DSCF1420-1.jpg

So, all in all, when she comes back she should look pretty much as good as new! Cannot wait!! Wish her luck!

Video of how my Puma sounds, with its Pipercross Induction Kit....

Let me know what you think to how my car's shaping up :)

Very nice mate. Just wait till I make a video of the full Milltek system ;)

If I ever get round to it...

Latest posts

Back