Clarion 6 CD Changer Replacement.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigglebug

Hi all

I bought an official Ford Clarion 6 disc changer brand new as it was dirt cheap and put it in the Puma with a 6000CD. Well it's gone wrong already and for the amount it cost it's just not worth trying to return it or fix it. My question is a simple one as I've no idea how these things work. Can I buy any 6 disc changer so long as the connecting sockets are the same or are they all manufacturer specific? There are plenty of clarion disc changers for sale but I can't find a brand new for a ford at the moment.

Cheers for any advice

You don't even specifically need the connecting socket to be the same, there's usually adapter cables available like Ford->Sony etc.

Ah ok, cheers Red. Just so I'm clear are you saying that the 6000CD should be able to connect to and control the majority aftermarket disc changers so long as I get the connections right? It would make it a lot easier if that is the case.

Many thanks

Yes, my dad had a 5000 series unit in his 1998 Mondeo which is the cassette version of the 6000, he had an Alpine 6CD changer fitted in the boot and it all worked great with the stock controls up front. As long as you double check it's compatible and there's a cable to connect it you should be fine.

Cheers Red, many thanks. I'll see what's about then, might skip a Clarion based on the last one!

Latest posts

Back