crashed my puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he bud just reading throught this ordeal you have been throught hows the car now what the progress of the repair

chimpster said:
Quick update, cars still of the road as I've been sorting things on limited finances. Bonnet, headlight + mounting bracket, rad, steering rack, wing, pas pipes, slam panel, bumper reinforcement bar, bumper, track rods & track rod ends have all been purchased.

Turns out I did just fall off the road lol. Lower suspension arm and strut have been bent so I've replaced them, ad I've fitted poly bushes whilst I'm at it.

Found out yesterday that the driveshaft hit into the gearbox and the gearbox is now shot so is being replaced by a 1.4 gearbox and a focus clutch.

Will post up some pictures as soon as I get a chance

another quick update, i didnt fancy cycling 6 miles in the rain straight after work to take a few pics so ive been informed over the phone that......

engine and 1.4 gearbox are back in fitted with a focus clutch, new wishbones are back on along with a 2nd hand strut (untill i get the funds to pick up a set of new dampers). steering rack and track rods & rod ends have been replaced, new pas pipes have been fitted and the new front end will be welded back in tomorrow.

reckon i should be driving the weekend :grin: just gotta sort the tracking and have a look at changing the two front tyres. they dont appear to be damaged but after a fairly heavy front shunt and after seeing the damage to the suspension i just dont trust them, plus they didnt have that much wear left so not a huge loss.

After 6ish weeks with no transport, relying on my girlfriend for somewhere to stay for work, relying on others to get me back to my house at weekends and some very understanding parents for keeping the "blue heap of scrap" on their drive. I will be very pleased to get my car back :grin: :grin:

Latest posts

Back