Crazy Insurance at 20 for 1.7!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best you can do is shop around, using all the comparison sites and using the companies that dont have a presence on comparison sites as well. One thing I noted this year was the fact that different comparison sites come up with different quotes for the same companies.

Also dont assume things, for example dont assume garaging a car will be cheaper, for me it was more expensive.

Maybe read this as well
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/compare-cheap-car-insurance#step1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One thing I used to do was ring the cheapest insurance company then tell them that a different company had quoted me the original companies quote and asked them if they could beat it, usually takes a couple of pound more off the price.

If you can follow what I said

I'm 23 and my insurance is expensive. It's over 1400 with tesco but rather pay that than have a clio or a corsa. I made that decision and chosen to live with it. It's a nightmare but hey!

I prefer to eat loads of cheese late at night for my nightmares, its a much better deal than financial ones :p

well im 22 and have 1 years no claims and its a 1.4 and that came at 1850 so not bad mate
i know i look older in my pic but lol

im 37 (3 points just came off license!) not been insured on a car to rack up no claims as had a company car for years, got insurance through sheilas wheels (before you ask wife works for halifax and they are part of the company), they have given me 2 years ncb as I have been named driver on wifes car (hows that for negotiation lol) and my insurance for 1.4 puma is about £480 a year
probably helps i'm in a fairly decent postcode area (that and the fact when I hit a dear in our brand new fiesta st (57 plate) it was the wifes policy not mine lol

We are all hoping you hit a deer and not an old dear :lol:

Not that we dont like deer's :roll:

yeah it was a little monk jack I was driving back from chelmsford to halstead about 2am, and just started accelerating hard off the marks farm roundabout, it ran out and stopped, I looked to my left, high kerbs and ditch/trees, looked to the right on coming car!
held the wheel steady came off accelerator and braked as much as possible, saw the whites of his eyes, then bang,boom boom and bits of bumper every where.
I got home and spent the evening feeling sorry for the dear, and wondering how my 8 month pregnant wife would react when I told her (she was visiting sister in Southampton), I called her with my usual good news/bad news reply when asked how I was...
she asked for good news, I replied that I am ok, this led her to ask for the bad news (I will admit I was expecting a hormonal over reaction), I told her and she calmly said not to worry its insured! result.

My highest insurance was on my fiat Coupe 20v turbo, I declared all the mods, mod chip, k&N k57i, bailey dump valve, manual boost control valve, uprated headers, the insurance was just over £2000 (the car was doing just under 5 sec 0-60 on rolling road) and the sound it made under hard driving was just awesome! (until cam belt went and threw 20 valvesin to 100,0000 pieces)

I'm 33, last year it cost me £155 to insure my group 17 VX220.
I bet the Puma will be more when I get it. lol

I got my Puma as my first car when i was 17, it was a 1.7 insurance cost me 2 grand for the first year third party, fire and theft but the second year went down to 1400 fully comp, but the policy wasent in my name, Now i have a 182 trophy with 1NCB fully comp for 1300 a year ;)

i was 22 when i got insured on the old puma is was 880 i only had 1 ncb and 1 years driving,im now 23 and 2 ncb and its gna be 550 :) im with elephant

i think it differs from day to day,
i rung admiral
25 - 5 years no claims quote for 1.7 with listed mods (custom interior, aftermarket alloys, upgraded sound system) is £1200 thats social only...
add my misses as a named driver past her test in march uses the car to go to work dropped the insurance to 650.... shes 23 btw>

same day she rung up just to see gave same details admiral said they wouldnt insure it :?: :?: :?:

Weirdly it was insurance that got me back into a Puma. I paid £2,400 for insurance in my first Puma at 17 then £1700 at 18. Paid £2,500 to insure a 2.5 V6 Alfa 156 at 20 then £895 for a 1.8 Laguna.

The latest Puma (21 now) was £365 to insure!!!!!

I've no idea how this has worked out as when i was looking at the Laguna nearly a year ago the insurance quote for a puma at that time was £1,400.

I've a full no claims record and live in a good area.

From my experience it's job title and area that make a big difference.

My insurance ran out 2/3 weeks before i was 21 and it was 1100 to renew at that time, when i turned 21 it went down to 430

turning 21 is a huge factor for insurance

At 29 I just got mine renewed today with Churchie for £520ish. Thats with 3 years NCB. Still feels like a lot but looking at some of the above quotes I dont feel so bad now :-D

Hopefully turning 30 will drop it down some more next year :-D

Wel I did know it was expensive to inshure the puma, but that's redicolous.... When I had my first one at 21, I payd about 14-1500£ Whit full cover. now i pay about 500£ Whit theft, fire, and glass. and I stil think thats expensive, on our brand new volvo, we pay about 550 whit full cover.
Cant recomend anyone thoug. Live in norway :)

My insurance just went from £1100 odd to...£423.56

I changed the job title to a Baker, and the price came DOWN that dramatically, BUT they phoned me up and said there was a discrepancy, I said I did it by mistake and they let me keep the "Baker" price xD :lol:

quest63 said:
We are all hoping you hit a deer and not an old dear :lol:

Not that we dont like deer's :roll:

I think he means deer - the plural of deer is deer and the 's at the end suggests possession of something

it was clearly a mental aberration as questy obviously meant to put his apostrophe in the word don't, and the s was a slip of the finger

ok, I'll get my coat....

Latest posts

Back