insurance companies!!!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxSparta

I know that feel. While mine isnt anywhere near as bad as yours mine went from about £450 to nearly £700 this year so im looking round to see what quotes I can get. so far most are round the £350-£450 mark like last year. Whats annoying is my own insurance firm, Churchill are on the comparison site and there quote is £200 less then the renewal price they sent me :/

Car insurance makes no sense, and I dont think it ever will :/

They're just sharks.
Move around every year and lie about what your last company quoted.... Don't feel bad about it as they are shafting you! Also don't believe the price comparison sites as they are always lower than the premium you eventually get from the company.
Barry

^this is so true^

Usually the comparison quote rarely has the items in the policy that you actually filled in before getting the quotes, they tend to go to a general cover to get the most quotes available then if you follow the link the cost is often more and usually a lot more if you ring up.

I tend to go to the site direct as the comparison sites get commission if you follow their link, go direct or through a cashback site and get that commission yourself through either a cheaper quote (yes it does happen) or through cashback itself.

I have to disagree, this year I had three renewals all come in at less than last years premiums and two out of three were better than I could get from the comparison sites.

My best deal has to be the one that I did get cheaper through confused.com, the renewal was £148 and the best price I got was £120, not a huge saving but it was from the AA so included a year’s roadside vehicle cover. They then offered to upgrade the breakdown cover to joint personal cover for me and my daughter for an extra £10. According to their website that’s £75 worth of breakdown included with a years insurance for £130. :grin: :grin: :grin:

You seem to have unique circumstances if your able to get insurance that cheap, I can't even get that sort of price if I don't even drive the car for the year i.e. garaged up insurance. Must be nice paying so little (jealous) :lol:

Back