cv joint replacement

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianshepherd

Hi guys

not sure if this is the correct section for this but i have removed the engine from my ford puma 1.7 and whilst its out i am going to replace all cv joints, both inners and outers,
can anyone link me to a guide to do this?

Hi :) this is defenetly not the right section, but that's ok :) a moderator wil probably move it soon enough

As for replasing the cv joints, I'm shure somone has a link, but it's pretty strreight forward.

Start by removing the boots, and clean away the remaining greace.

THe inner joints are locked in place whit a locking ring, you remove this first, by using a special tool we cal it something n norwegian, but not shure if it translates :) it's a plyer that goes the other way :) fairly simple.
then it's just a matter of removing the coint.

Good luck
The outer is a little more tricky, as you need a simelar tool to remove the locking ring, but te gap is werry narow, so the tool needs to be narow. you can use a screv driver to pry it apart, (the ring) but it's much easyer if you have the tool.
once opend, it's only a matter of removing the joint.

Fitt in revers order, but don't forgett to fitt the boots to the shaft first, or you'll be in trouble :) lol :)

Back