Do frp wishbones fit standard puma mounts

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crossedmike

Just a quick. Question picked up a set of frp shocks and springs. Picked up a set of 40mm lowering springs and had a set of hubs machined out to fit what I'm wanting to know is to get the correct camber set up can I fit frp lower arms and drop links. To the standard.chassis points or where they different mounts

Thanks in advance mike

They used the same mounts :). Be interesting to see your 40mm lowering springs, because as far as I am aware you can't get off the shelf lowering springs for the FRP. I would imagine you could get custom springs made, but I don't think it will be cheap.

mounts etc are exactly the same, even most of the bushes are (except rear wishbone one which was a stiffer version, but same dims) The camber issue is solved as the hubs if machined correctly are machined at a different angle by a few degrees than the standard hubs, drop links are same item as standard car.

I trust you had the hubs machined to frp spec not just over bored to take the larger bore shock?

The only other mod was tickford flattened the flange on the underside of the chassis leg as the tyre fouled it under load if you didn't, also then required extended wheel arch liner to come with the wider wings etc.

You also need to be careful with lowering springs and FRP shocks as they are only designed for 20-30mm of travel.

Hope this helps

Simon

Thanks that's what I wanted to hear will order the lots I seen now and sorry they after market lowering springs I messaged the seller and they said they will for the frp set up I'm awaiting delivery on them so can get pics when arrive from Germany

:)

No they was just machined for the larger. Strut fitment and then assumed the wishbones been longer would compensate for the difference in degree.

Right I'll have to look into the chassis leg been fouled. Upon this is my first ford. Project normally a vag guy. All seems more complex

Also you don't happen to know the angle they need to be milled at as wanting to do right so might get another set of hubs and have them milled again

Thanks mike

sorry no, you could work it out based on the strut length and the increased ishbone length using a bit of trig.

I am sure someone on here will know though

Latest posts

Back