Door open warning light

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tojomccann

Hi all, just joined. I have my daughter's 1.7 Y reg Puma with 72500 miles on the clock in my yard and I am hoping to be able to work on it as my retirement project. She was going to sell it but could not get a decent price so I talked her into letting me work on it. I have ordered a Haynes manual for a Fiesta as I know they did not publish one for the Puma, so that should help somewhat. I have been looking through the site and found some excellent information and photo's. One little problem that is obvious is that the door open warning light is permanently illuminated, have to get my multimeter into action as mentioned in one of your posts.

Welcome aboard :thumbs:

The problem might also be the bonnet switch or the copper contact on the tailgate.

Welcome mate, I also had it on mine and it was the micro switch on the boot lock kept popping out .
I just wedged some plastic in between the gap worked a treat.

Thank you Quest 63 & Wilge,

Checked bonnet catch and cleaned copper contacts before going on Forum.

Haven't checked the boot lock micro switch, is that the little white plastic piece on the lock? that seems very loose so I will give it a try.

Many thanks.

:grin: Very impressed with your forum, so glad I joined. Many thanks for all replies. The problem was as Wilge suggested, the micro switch on the rear door lock, now working perfectly.

Back