Drive shafts for puma. Fiesta?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xztraz

Hi there.

Since i live in Sweden we don't have a great supply of puma parts (1.7l) so looking for other cars that i can take the drive shafts from.

Same parts on 1.4L pumas?

Fiesta have been mentioned. All models and years? or are there differences between fiestas?

Or if anyone here wants to sell me a pair?

/Micke T - Sweden

Is there a different intermediate shaft bering on fiesta? or just the mount?
image.php

Hi :) as far as I can tell, they are the same, both the drive shafts, and the bearings :) But I must say I'we never seen that mount before, what car is that from?

the puma is based on the fiesta fro 96-02 and they should all be interchangable, but your best bet for parts is to look at the 1.6 :)
For parts you should talk to Ian G, he ships internationaly and is an all round nice guy :)

EDIT: I think that the shaft in the picture might be form a newer model fiesta, but I'm not shure.

I searched for fiestas 96-99 and got a lot of pictures of used drive shafts with that mount. If it's the same bearing in the mount there should be no problem but I'm not sure.

(in swedish)
http://www.bildelsbasen.se/se-sv/Ford/FORD-FIESTA/1996_1999/V" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;äxellåda-&-Drivaxel-&-Mellanaxel/Drivaxel/Höger-fram/
(i think you need to copy paste the address since forum doesn't seem to handle swedish åäö)

I've PMed Ian G but haven't got a qoute yet (waited 3 weeks). He seems a bit busy :? Would prefer buying from him.

ah found some pics of a bit later modes 00-01 that seem to have the same bearing as puma. So there seem to be variations to the drive shaft bearings or is it just the mount?

xztraz said:
I've PMed Ian G but haven't got a qoute yet (waited 3 weeks). He seems a bit busy :? Would prefer buying from him.
Your best bet is to contact him by phone or his Facebook page; we're not the only forum he serves!

https://www.facebook.com/pumabits" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

xztraz said:
Is there a different intermediate shaft bering on fiesta? or just the mount?
image.php

I had this style mount on my fiesta 1.4.. it's a pain really and they go very wobbly..

bought a bracket that bolts to the block from a puma and have now fitted the newer type roller brearing... the newer ones are easier to cut off and press on a new bearing...

:cool:

Latest posts

Back