engine and gearbox weight?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephengreen

Just bought a Spare engine and gearbox. Now have to figure out how I'm going to get it home. Anyone have any idea how much it'll weigh? Could two or three blokes lift it into the back of a mpv or van? Or will i need a pick up? Maybe should of sorted all this before agreeing to buy it :-(

Lift it in?...maybe not but if however you place said engine/box onto suitable long planks you could then lift one end of planks into back of vehicle (strap engine to plank!!) then lift t'other end and slide into vehicle.

Hope that helps

Gearbox is pretty light you should lift that in no problem. The engine is heavy would take two to put it in the back of a van unless you're an animal.

As already said... gearbox can be lifted by one person. I've moved mine around my garage several times.

Can't comment on the engine though....

Gearbox is 35kgs with oil, engine is 85kgs dry with ancillaries.

When i bought mine it had oil and ancillaries and it took 3 men to lift it into a Land Rover. So it is doable. If poss strip it down as i can lift the engine by myself without the manifolds or ancillaries.

So splitting it into three will help, if you cna do that on the seller's drive mind.

Latest posts

Back