Engine tuning

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pappabill85

hi,i want to ask anybody who has remap the ecu (FRP remap or blufin), the real benefits from this (accelaration improve,MPG consumption...)and what method of tunning is better for puma 1.7.thank u

I have the FRP map, economy has improved a bit, and it does feel a bit quicker. I have a manifold, sport cat, etc. and am getting typically between 34-41MPG, I do also have cruise control and a fuel computer which helps to drive more economically.

In all honesty, depending upon what you are after, you may be better off spending a bit more and getting something that can be set up specifically for your car / mods. If it is just for economy, I probably wouldn't bother.

what kind of fuel computer can i put to puma?also, where can i make a frp remap?can i do it my self?

Scangauge is what I use.

Regarding a map, it all depends on what management you have at present, what year is your car?

Generally only people like PumaSpeed and PumaBuild can put the map on, or perhaps a friendly Ford dealer. You need Ford's IDS computer system.

You could send your ECU to them, or buy a TAPE ECU with the FRP map on it. So long as you get two working transponder chips, you can program your keys.

ok,so i must contact with them.
what would u recomend between bluefin and frp remap?
and how can be the mpg improved ,when the bhp is up?

Better economy due to reduced margins for poor maintenance, poor fuelling, etc.

What are you trying to achieve though, more power or more economy?

both...:)
seriously now,economy depends from the way i drive,what is concern me more is the real benefits from this typ of engine tuning,and more specific i want more accelaration...but there is not any real number from tests-reviews etc...

Any improvement in economy won't pay for the cost, and power gains will be more of a placebo, IMO.

Your best starting point is an FRP exhaust system, this will release horsepower and allow the engine to run more efficiently. Won't have a huge impact on your fuel economy, but I would be suprised if it got any worse as a consequence.

Your problem will be a lack of used parts locally, and a general unwillingness of UK eBay sellers to post abroad, probably worth a try though. Also keep an eye on the For Sale section on zsoc.com.

Without wanting to sound defeatest however, you might be best off just making sure your car is currently running at 100%, while saving for something more powerful.

150-160HP is achievable in a Puma, but it isn't cheap. You need FRP exhaust, cams, flowed head, either FRP or custom map, and ideally also FRP inlet manifold. Could easily run to £2000.

Echoing what Flash says - but if whilst you get it re-mapped you also get it tuned for super unleaded, 99 RON, you will get more bhp and an improved response. If you have that fuel in Greece that is.

I need to take mine back to Tony to get it adjusted for Super Unleaded, it's an extra half hour's labour though, wish he had asked me about it when it was in having the key programmed and the map put on in the first place.

Latest posts

Back