Existing Owner, New to Forum

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkunkMunkey3000

Hi All,

Just thought I'd introduce myself before I just appear on threads asking stupid questions!

I'm in Essex if any of you every meet up, be nice to meet some fellow Puma owners. Most that I see don't respond to wave so I'm hoping there must be at least a few friendly faces in the area. I'm often found on the A130 and am in a silver kat, reg T***OKK, easy to spot due to the excessive amount of Ford Racing stickers the previous owner decided to cover the car in!

Just a few questions I'm hoping you can help with;

Exhaust - How do I change, my back box is knacjered and I've got a replacement from a breakers yard but all the exhaust I've done previously bolt into 3 sections (back box, cat and pipe to engine) however my replacement seems to be one piece. Am I missing something really simple or do I have to replace the whole lot?

Heater - Think my HCV has dies, I can only get hot! not really an issue in this weather but I don't want another summer in a sauna. Does any one have a guide on fitting a replacement. I'm happy to attempt but don't really know where it is.

Kangaroo's - I think at some point in it's history the car may have swallowed some kangaroo's! I've had the O2 sensor changed but this hasn't fixed the problem and as far as I'm aware people only normally get this issue in 2nd however it can effect me in 3rd and 4th also. Any other idea's as to what causes this.

Think that's all the major issues, could also do with a good bodyshop in the area. I've done a temporary bodge job on the rust over the rear arches and inside the driver door surround but you've probably never seen masking lines this bad!

I don't know if it'll help diagnose the issues but the cars always been well serviced (at least in the 2 years I've had it), it had the cambelt done about 15k ago, and if I remember correctly, hidden away in the service history was a new engine at about 60k. I had a full service a couple of weeks ago and this seems to have reduced the amount the car kangaroo's but definetly hasn't fixed the problem.

Hope someone out there in Puma-land can help.

Many thanks,
Ian

Hi Ian

Have a look at these topics

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=72#72" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=2432" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hopefully that will get you started.

Welcome along Ian - hope to see you at some meets soon!

Neil's links are good'uns :eek:k:

Thanks for the links, the HCV doesn't look too complicated so I'll give it a go after xmas once my bank account has recovered. Then need to donate mine to somebody I work with as theirs is stuck on cold and figure this time of year being stuck on hot is far better. I presume the Puma one will fit a Mk5 (I think, has the Focus style headlights) Fiesta.

Thanks for all the welcomes. Hope to meet many of you in the near future.

Ian

Yep the HCV is a common part! And renowned for failing.

Welcome to the site, a lot of members in the Cambridgeshire / Bedford / Northampton area so not too far away!

Back