Fan belt question

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sylvester

Hi guys

My Puma makes a high pitch noise when the engine's cold, which gets louder when rpm raises. After 15 minutes noise goes away. I've tried spraying WD40 on auxiliary belt but no change.
I've read probably the fan belt is loosen or worn and this should be changed with the timing belt.

The timing and auxiliary belt was changed 2 years ago, and not sure is the fan belt is yet another belt or just another name for one of the above?

By the way the power steering liquid is dark brown and just below minimum for years, was never mentioned on MOT. Could this be an issue as well?
Thanks

There is no fan belt but the term is used interchangeably with auxiliary belt.

Squeak could indicate a weak tensioner or high effort on the pulleys. Except for the crank they should all spin by hand when the belt is off.

Ian G said:
[post]365762[/post] There is no fan belt but the term is used interchangeably with auxiliary belt.

Squeak could indicate a weak tensioner or high effort on the pulleys. Except for the crank they should all spin by hand when the belt is off.
Thanks Ian, I'll have a look.

Latest posts

Back