First Car. First Puma.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello!

Thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Kaylie and I just bought my first Puma (and first car) about 3 weeks ago :grin: I have been OBSESSED with the little beauties for as long as I can remember and am extremely ecstatic to say that I actually own one myself (my car in my avatar).

I've driven 6 different cars in total and I haven't even passed my test yet (still a learner but test is next month) and this is by far the best car I have ever driven! I got the hang of it straight away, I felt comfortable almost immediately, I fit the car perfectly and it fits me (I'm pretty small so can reach everything comfortably :lol: ) However the poor thing seems to be pretty beaten up on the left hand side, nothing too bad but I reckon it's taken a huge knock as the underside of the bumper is a little cracked, a few scratches up the side and the tracking was out by a mile so I had to get that done after a week of having it.

After sorting out the tracking, it was driving like a dream, unfortunately last weekend (after only having it 2 weeks) it seems to be having some other issues. It started to rattle quite a bit, then started to squeel and then eventually as I was driving, made a god awful grinding noise and have noticed a slight leak under the front :-( Devastated!

My partner has looked into is and believes it could be the Aux Belt that's causing the issue. If anyone else has any ideas on what the issue could be I'd be really grateful for any input. I've got to wait until I get paid before I can take it into a Garage as it needs a full service and I don't know if the Cam Belt has recently been replaced, so I may need that doing as well as she's just over 97k.

As much as she's going to cost me a fair bit of money, I'm really looking forward to making her my little project and getting her back up to scratch. So any info on where I could get inexpensive parts and best places to go to have work done will be appreciated :grin:

Thank you for taking the time to read, pretty long first post I know!

Ian G on here sells reasonably priced second hand spares.

Welcome to the site!

Latest posts

Back