First clay (probably ever)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badger_

I well actually Neil (I supervised) clayed Koshka today. Couldn't believe the state of the clay afterwards... this was after doing the passenger door...

DSC04564.jpg

I've never actually clayed a car before which is why I got Neil to do it. I had a go on the o/s rear panel figuring if I ballsed it up it needs the rust sorting out anyway lol.

Went to see my mum & dad after and took both Pumas out and got some piccies, but I cut the pics off of my memory card onto her comp instead of copying so I have none of the pics at home :(

Did you not wash the car first? :shock:

Never let the clay get that dirty or you'll be scratching the hell out of the paint rather than cleaning it. Keep folding the clay when it gets vaguely contaminated.

A great guide to claying is >here< - might be worth a read.

I did was the car first, could be due to the environment where my car has to be parked when I'm at work. he seemed to be kneading the clay regularly too :? Didn't spot any marring when I glazed & waxed after either.

I've read the guide on DW (one of my fave forums lol) :thumbs: think I'm confident enough to try myself next time :)

Used BH Regular so just water as a lube.

Back