First Drive

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bethany

First Drive,

Well Monday afternoon couldn’t come quick enough for me, as soon as I finished work I picked up my brother and headed to the garage to go and collect my new puma.
Needless to say I let my brother drive my polo back and settled myself into the puma, the puma is my third car and it did take a little getting used to but I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed driving it. When we got home I got out the car with a huge grin on my face (though part way home I heard a rattle and realised that id loosened the strange gear stick, but I don’t like it anyway so Ive no issues with getting it changed sooner rather than later).
Hats off to these cars, today and yesterday Ive had to stick with the polo (work Christmas party and didn’t want to leave the puma overnight in the carpark) but I seriously cant wait to go take it out again, now the more difficult bit, getting rid of the polo!
Can anyone else remember their first little drive in their pumas?

Yup - was in Milton Keynes and I've loved roundabouts ever since!

:D

yup test drove my first Puma in Wakefield :) never looked back since :D

Glad your enjoying your ownership! wil have to get some pics up so I can look out for you!!

Same here I was well suprised how well it drove and felt for an old car, it was the seventh one I had looked at but the first one I drove.(all the rest suffered from seller lyingitus)

7400C080.jpg

Dont ask me why its wonky, I took the pic on my iphone, uploaded via snapbucket and its gone strange!

I feel your colour choice reveals a high degree of taste and class,its a colour others can only aspire to :D

:lol: Oh I wonder why you feel that way ;) Either way, both my previous cars were red (personally dont really like red cars; or atleast not red saxos or polos) so Im loving the green :D

I can't remember the test drive at the dealers, accompanied by a salesman, fairly boring roads, but I can remember picking up the original XIIVVX.

Factory new at the shipping agents in Leigh-on-Sea since it was a personal import from Belgium.

I drove up a nasty crowded A12 to Norfolk with a grin on my face, even on the manky dual carriageway. But as soon as I got onto the twisty roads around home the grin spread and I knew I'd made the right choice. We did about 80,000 miles together before I bought the late lamented #296

quest63 said:
I feel your colour choice reveals a high degree of taste and class,its a colour others can only aspire to :D
I totally agree especially as the eralier Pumas have the best green!! :p

We might be guilty of colourism :) yeah that earlier shade is a gem :) I bet the pacific green meanies will be green with envy :p

I'm looking to take your forum thrifty geezer title off you lol :lol:

I would have nurtured the moss into a cheap nourishing broth

oo err matron I never said nourishing before

1st drive in a puma was in my frp, fanbrough to maidstone! fair streck but i rember the whole journey smileing iven hada a lil wooop on a long strecht of quiet road wen i cud get my foot down

The A444 between Nuneaton and Overseal, some very nice fast bends on that road, and managed to lose my Dad in Nuneaton on the way home so didn't need to worry about how fast I was taking the bends without him behind me!

My first puma drive was in 2000, at felixstowe docks, after having walked to the petrol station, as it run out of fuel as they drove it off the ship... thanks Ford! lol

The 2nd thing was trying to find the rear wiper switch to switch it off.... was great driving back, with a smug grin knowing I'd saved 25% of the uk price by having it brought through a Belguim dealership.

I wonder where V4UMA is now :?:

Took me 8 yrs to get back in puma, after I sold that one.

Back