Ford Fair - 3rd August - Silverstone

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh out of interest (and cos I need to know really) how long before track time do briefing sessions start? I've looked through everything they sent me including my pass but not anywhere does it state times :?

Welcome too :) I have been as well since this morning. I took the train at midnight! Rather comfortable travel. Now off to bed as tomorrow will be a very long day!! First the Fair, then drive back and go straight to work at 04:00.... See you guys tomorrow :)

Enjoy tomorrow everyone - this is the first Ford Fair since 2008 I haven't been able to go to :(

Suppose I'd better get some sleep then... Every year...
facepalm.gif

Phew... what a long day!

Obligatory thanks:

Cherie & Dal for organising it
Dal for choosing to spend his birthday with us
Our European friends Cartman, Sjoerd and the artist formerly known as A Puma (Brian' ) for coming all that way to join us
Aaron and Lottie for providing some lovely cake
Lottie for explaining the benefits of Geocaching
grayfox for my hot dog - helped me power through my epic cleaning mission
BigAl for my ice cream
Russv for bringing his lovely Magnum Grey FRP replica for everyone to enjoy
TGPlayer1 for generally being entertaining throughout the day
Ginger Tom for turning up in something spectacular as usual
Pumanoob for generally being a dude
ethanfitz for keeping FRP62 in the family

Apologies:

Sorry to everyone for turning up in a dishevelled looking Pippa - I did manage to get her looking reasonable by the afternoon, though! :oops:

Sorry I didn't get to talk to you, paulsmiffy - but was great to see a Millie on the stand! Will definitely try to pop down to one of your gatherings after the refurb.

Sorry I didn't manage to say bye to Sparx and Ginger Tom's better half when you left.

TLDR:

Was great to see the usual faces and lots of new ones. See you all again same time, same place next year! :thumbs:

evilrob said:
artist formerly known as A Puma (Brian' )
Artist, ok.. I guess that's a good thing?

Well firstly had a great day at Ford Fair today! It was the first time for me in England and I had a hell of an experience. I've never seen so many cars at one event. Let alone more than 2 Pumas at once, I even had the honour to park next to a FRP (Ethan's FRP).

During the day I've been everywhere, at the traders, at the bridge to watch the circuit and of course every clubstand to check out these awesome fords!

I would like to thank everyone of ProjectPuma who was at Ford Fair this year, especially Cherie and Dal for organizing this! Haven't really talked to some of you guys, was too busy checking out everything.

Already looking forward to next year! Will be posting my pictures in the Pictures Thread once I'm back home.

Thanks for everyone that came along today - as is the way, it's the people that make the day for ProjectPuma and today was no exception. :eek:k:

I'll echo the thanks that Rob gave above, with extra special thanks to Lottie for my birthday cakes that were shared about to everyone's delight and Sjoerd, Cartman and Brian' for the extra special effort they made to get to Ford Fair from foreign shores.

Same time next year?

Dal said:
Sjoerd, Cartman and Brian' for the extra special effort they made to get to Ford Fair from foreign shores.
I think we should definitely pull our fingers out and try to get a Project Puma presence at a European Puma Meet one year by way of return. :thumbs:

I think Rob said it well enough, but I'll thank Cherie and Dal for organising a great day, and everybody else for making it better still!

So, until next time folks :eek:k:

But special thanks to BigAl for the ice cream, basically saved my life haha.

A big thank you everyone who came, from near and (very) far.

To Aaron and Lottie for rising to the challenge (pun fully intended) and providing frankly awesome cakes.

To Erroll for saving us a huge amount of time by lending us his laptop, when we forgot to bring one. I think we would have spent most of the day counting the votes manually otherwise.

To Tom for being so enthusiastic about wooden spoons... :lol:

To everyone who took on the challenge of voting for our memorial trophy. I know it's not easy, but the enthusiasm for the results at the end speaks for itself.

I hope to see many of you again next year, and hopefully we'll have a stand that's actually big enough for the number of cars we have!

Finally home from Fordfair...

It was good to meet s few members, even if I couldnt sqeeze onto the stand...
Shame I broke my gearbox again on Saturday, It meant I wasn`t really able to show the car off (it wouldnt move).
Missed out on my tracktime too :-(
But never mind, weather was good and there were plenty admiring the display of cars. :cool:

Hope to see you all again soon, Stu..

As well, many thanks to Cherie and Dal.

It was great to have Sjoerd, Cartman and Brian' come all this way to be with us. Hopefully this shows what sort of impression/impact the forum has had.

Thanks also to Tom for his hospitality. Was weird not being up until the early hours working on a car ready for the show!

Aaron and Lottie... The cake was yummy!

It was nice to see some familiar faces again and also to meet some new ones..... Barry (tuonokid), it was great to meet you!

Gratitude to my Puma for not breaking again and getting me there on time this year!

Hi Guys
Nice to meet you Tony and Errol as well, shame we didn't have more time to hang about on the stand. Hopefully the Puma will be finished for next years show so that we can join you all.
Barry

Was great to meet everyone Yesterday... was a long and tiring, but very enjoyable day...

A big thanks to Cherrie and Dal for organising it all and squeezing me in with the last stand pass late on...

Another Big thanks to Aaron for bringing sorting out and bringing along a rear seat back for me, (so i can get rid of the head rests in my one).

And a general Big thanks to everyone for making Us feel welcome, it was great to put some faces to cars and names.

Also an extra special thanks to Lottie who helped Heidi feel more welcome early on :grin:

Sorry i didn't get to talk to everyone much, it was my first time at the ford fair and i got distracted but lots of stuff which kept me and Heidi away from the stand :roll:

I have some pics to put up at some point (may not be the best as its the first proper time i have used the new camera)
oooh and a vid of the Ford dancing cars lol

Hope to see you all again sometime soon :thumbs:

I also had a great day. Although I forgot to take sunblock (again) :-( I now have a head like a beetroot :lol:
Barry, I didn't know you were going.
You must have turned up when I was out and about, or was it one of the times when I was snoozing? :grin:

Hi Paul
Sos I never thought to contact you. I looked on the stand to see if there was anyone I knew but didn't see you. Andrew and I are also rather red and shiny but we're getting used to that at shows this year. Are you going to Retro Ford at Mallory on 25th August?
Barry

Hi All.
Just to thank Dal and Cherrie for a fantastic day, we enjoyed it all, it was great to meet some of you and put faces to names, sorry we didn't get to meet you all we just got caught up on the fair itself and the watching the track time laps, (Hardly saw my son at all)
There are some great cars amongst the group and you have all given me inspiration to make some changes to my very standard Millie, so many thanks again to everyone who made it a great day,
Some of you know we run a pub in Bedfordshire and you are all more than welcome to fill our car park with Pumas for some social meets and gatherings at anytime.
Again thanks to you all for a great meet,
Paul, Lindsay, Benn and Holly,

Back