ford oem amp fitting?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash1502

i wanna buy the ford eom amplifier for my puma. but im unsure as to how to fit it. bassically will i need to buy a wiring loom for it from fords or summin. i dont really wanna buy it and find out its more hassle to fit than a aftermarket amp

i have one for sale mate with the wiring all the way back to the loom at the front of the car

Unless I have got it totally wrong (which could be quite possible!), I assume you are talking about the Ford Amplifier:

Platinum Pack Option not available with 'Quickclear' front screen.
1997/1998 (1.7 only) - Platinum 7000 Stereo/Cassette RDS EON 2000+ - Stereo Radio/CD Model 6000 RDS EON (single play CD) power amplifier and upgraded speakers with woofers (consists of an amp in the boot & 4 speakers in the rear passenger area instead of 2).

I was lucky enough to find this in my Puma after I bought it, but didn't know what it was (http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7729" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

I have posted a wiring diagram for this for another member, just in case it may be of use to you, have a look here:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8344" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hiya,

I am in the process of aquiring all the Platinum bits, I have the Amp, etc. is there any chance you could put detailed pics of the loom, where it runs to etc? I have an FRP pal, well two actually that are electrical whizzes, so shouldnt be a prob . Got TIS disc too :)

Vas

Hi Vas

I moved my Ford amp to a different location within the boot. I noticed the wiring went round the boot, over the rear passenger side wheel arch and through behind the passenger side rear trim which houses the speakers. If you do need more information than that, I will try and investigate further for you.

Tony

Cheers matey,

I have now got hold of the upgraded speakers for the front, but on testing I found the standards to be better :( I also have one subwoofer speaker. I need to get hold of filter module next , then I can actually begin to fit it :) I would appreciate any photos of looms, plugs etc as the are the tricky bits, but I know someone who can make them up, just need to know what im looking at first. I have all the wiring diagrams too, :cool:

is having the quickclear windscreen on the FRP going to cause a problem? I have no idea, but do they share a fuse position or something?

The Ford Amp uses the same fuse location/position as the Front Windscreen hence why you wont get the amp and the Quick Clear Windscreen together as standard options.

I have checked in my owners guide (the one Ford provides with the car). If you have one, look on page 97, 'Roadside Emergencies'.

Auxilary fuse box: Fuse number 37 - Rated at 40A (green) for Heated windscreen OR rated at 20A (light blue) for Max Power Audio System.

Back