Ford Puma 1.7 13000 miles 1 lady owner as good as it gets

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see any decent tyre pics in there but I'm of the opinion the early cars had P6000's ( my P reg has an unused P6000 spare) and the later models were on Goodyear Eagle touring, of which both my 02 and wifes 51 thunder had on the spare, and back of wifes till recently. So if that cars on Goodyears its probably on the originals.

£1700 may seem a lot of money for a 14 year old Puma, but £1700 is nothing compared to the prices of a lot of 80's Fords these days and at 13K miles its only going up in value.

edinburger wrote:
" ......as far as I could see the brake system , all of was new, as were the dampers, 15 inch :roll: goodyear eagle tyres etc, etc. ......"

It would maybe be possible to gather up spare wheels from cars of the same age to get original tyres off them, assuming you knew which ones you require.

ArtfulHussy said:
It would maybe be possible to gather up spare wheels from cars of the same age to get original tyres off them, assuming you knew which ones you require.
Rather odd thing to say , then the internet is a odd place.
Can't you just accept that there are rich people who want their car perfect , money no object .
And occasionally one of these owners cars comes to market , I would have thought , since all old fords are appreciating, and if they have had a non penny-pinching owner and less than 800 miles per annum use , any serious enthusiast would snap one up .

And my last comment is since none of you lot have even said thanks for the nod ... the next time I see one that's a "prize" it won't be mentioned here by me .

There was nothing in it for you at all though and you posted it on here out of the goodness of your heart
edinburger said:
I charge a hundred punds for the pleasure though.

Yes, thanks are in order.
So, thank you Dal for posting some really helpful information and pictures on the car in question, and all without requiring paying!

The first pumas were shipped on Pirelli P6000, later models came on Goodyear Eagle NCT5 tyres. So the tyres on this car are OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer's)

Well someone's hoping for wee profit here!
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/ford/puma/used-ford-puma-1-7-3dr-carshalton-fpa-201509297347477" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-same car up for £3999!

Bob

I suspect the arches have had the usual 'bodge to sell' repair.

Good luck getting that for it anyway :lol:

Who In there right mind would pay near on 4K or a 14 year old car?? Even with 13000 on the clock this is still stupid money! As above, GOOD LUCK :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

edinburger said:
Can't you just accept that there are rich people who want their car perfect , money no object . And occasionally one of these owners cars comes to market
Please feel free to let us know when one such car does come onto the market, because that last one didn't fit that description.

Scuffs on bumper and rust bubbling on the arches doesn't seem like a vehicle owned by 'rich people who want their car perfect , money no object' to me. More like, just someone who didn't drive around much.

I usually don't get narky on forums, but seriously?!

If you're looking for constant affirmation, a pat on the head and thanks for offering a paid service that no one took up, the internet is not the place for you old chap.

I think what he was getting at was more the point that nobody said 'thanks' to him about making us aware of the car coming up for sale.

They are grateful although it may not appear that way..

But on the same note, there was no need to throw a paddy.

edinburger said:
And my last comment is since none of you lot have even said thanks for the nod ... the next time I see one that's a "prize" it won't be mentioned here by me .

Next time maybe I'll do what I was thinking of doing before and not allow you to potentially make a business profit out of ProjectPuma members, but ask you to become a "Trader". Your thread very nearly didn't appear but I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it may be of use to members.

tractorboy said:
Well someone's hoping for wee profit here!
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/ford/puma/used-ford-puma-1-7-3dr-carshalton-fpa-201509297347477" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-same car up for £3999!

Bob

Flippin 'eck!

You'd have thought they might give the mats a little wash if trying to get that much for it.

media

YOG said:
Yes, thanks are in order.
So, thank you Dal for posting some really helpful information and pictures on the car in question, and all without requiring paying!

You're welcome! :thumbs:

In my opinion it wasn't worth £1700, let alone £3999. But that's just my opinion - I'm sure anyone that wants a low mileage Puma that has deep pockets will be very happy with it.
(But change the tyres please)

I've just noticed his reply to my comment (I'm not around much these days).

How was it odd..? I just meant that if someone wanted to have original tyres all round what's more original than the original tyres off wheels from a car of the same age?

That boy was an a******. What a f*****g attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back