Ford puma body kits.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisgat

may be a stupid question but im not up to scratch on bodywork, how would you attach a fibreglass rear quarter to a normal puma

If you look at what tickfords did on the originals they bashed the original panel in with a panel beating hammer so that the new steel panel would sit flush, you could do exactly the same with the fibreglass panels and use a countersunk pop rivet and blend in to get the same result. There is a ford technical doc on frp body repair somewhere i will try and dig it out.

Simon

Nope,

the only thing that is special is a couple of angle brackets to hold the splitter on.

the only other thing someone would need to sort is the closing panel between the rear new and existing arch, but that is only a flat piece of steel bent around the arch popriveted on and sealed to the outer.

Simon
Kizza said:
yeah that would be good if i could get so look at that doc. on another note is there any brackets that are different to the standard car that fit to front wings and or bumper of the frp that connect it to the car itself???

just been asked loads of questions and i just dont know the answer, would be good to have a look at an frp in the flesh to have a closer look.

Is £60 the price for a fully made front splitter or just the use of the moulds?

Agreed, Kizza could even be the savior of a few FRPs that might have been broken as the owners cant afford a front bumper, which is now afforable. Top Man

Simon
red said:

I like your thing mate. Unfortunately I need to keep mine road legal but if that ever changes and I start tailoring the car to track I will keep this in mind!

Kizza said:
Would anybody want a fibreglass panel to replace the front lights on track days? the lights on the puma arnt the lightest and this would save more weight on the track.

Cheers Kieran (FibreBuild)

Not for me personally (at least not for now) but it might be worth considering producing a twin headlight conversion with more effective headlights ?

are there any pictures of anyone thats done it as im still toying with having a hammer head puma :)

Scott134 said:
I like your thing mate. Unfortunately I need to keep mine road legal but if that ever changes and I start tailoring the car to track I will keep this in mind!

You don't need head lights for an mot, just indicators, bakes and rear fogs iirc, you won't be legally allowed to use it during the night as you will get a day use only mot

Kizza said:
Qwertben said:
are there any pictures of anyone thats done it as im still toying with having a hammer head puma :)

the only pics I have, ive posted pal. as soon as I get anymore I will post them for all to see.

Cheers Kieran (FibreBuild)

There was a chap on here that didn't have all the bits required and tried to do an frp conversion but only had the front (Hammerhead) I can't for the life of me find the project thread.

Some pictures from his facetube:

46997_440272838461_668752_n_zps2762f562.jpg

64672_440273158461_6732233_n_zps4ec18419.jpg

185821_10150103915613462_7414167_n_zps74faf563.jpg

Personally I think it looks Gash!

Ginger Tom said:
Scott134 said:

You don't need head lights for an mot, just indicators, bakes and rear fogs iirc, you won't be legally allowed to use it during the night as you will get a day use only mot

Cheers Tom. That's useful to know but I do drive mine in the dark so still need my headlights, although I admit the standard Puma lights are only slightly more useful at night than a blanking panel! Lol

Looking great Keiran. Can't wait to see this kit fitted to Mac's car and painted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back