ford puma vs Audi TT 1.8t

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Royd

Just took a friend out in the puma, couldn't believe the power and handlin, now wants to sell there Audi TT for a puma !!!

WIN!

That's because the Audi is based on the Mk4 Golf, which is like a pudding in comparison.

The Audi has a far superior interior and driving position though.

Which TT are we talking about here.. they've been making them for some years now.. :lol:

The special edition TT they did before bringing out the new model was pretty awesome.. I love the red one with the black roof..

The 3.2 editions have dropped a STONE in value, as they are one very heavy and un-economical car... The higher tuned 1.8 is a FAR better drive.. :cool:

:grin: :grin:

Earlier shape - MK4 Golf based.

Tell him about it! He can't sell it for buttons! Although he's seen some pretty decent economy out of it (mid 30's on a run).

The only one I'd consider is the Quattro Sport (last of the Mk1's).

2005-audi-tt-quattro-sport-9.jpg

My old dear had the 150 Quattro mk1 convertible, kicks the shit out of the puma for power and out and out speed though it under steers like a mofo in the corners and the ESP is a pain in the neck. Put the engine in a puma though and the puma would be awesome

i own an 180 hp roadster from 2000... it's a real bumpy thing but it feels so secure and well made.... also i love driving the puma afterwards :) so much more playful :grin: but seating position, standard bose audio and the turbo power make it a nice weekend car :)
15052011387.jpg

Strip your Puma out and add a couple of mods like exhaust and manifold then the power to weight becomes around the same as the 180bhp Quattro TT anyway!

Scott134 said:
Strip your Puma out and add a couple of mods like exhaust and manifold then the power to weight becomes around the same as the 180bhp Quattro TT anyway!

luckily its not a Quattro... although it still weighs 1340 kg...

My TT 225 tuned to @ 250 i had was rapid....miss the seats ~ heated was great in winter....kids weren't too keen on the back seats - basically useless...

My wife wants a TT for her daily driver but yesterday she took the Puma out for the first time as I am using her car later this week for work as it is bigger.

It was interesting to see the smile develope on her face after I told her to plant her right foot! I am now worried that she is going to want the keys more often :lol:

Back