French Cars

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixie

Does anyone else hate French cars as much as me?!

I despise them , I don't think I would own another! I've had x2 saxo's (x1 not by choice)
People that drive them are mainly chavs! :evil:

Thoughts please?

*sorry for the rant* :oops:

Citroen is probably one of the best Manufacturers in the World.... and their cars have dominated the World Rally for years now, and before them it was the Peugeots...

I still don't like them though... bloody frogs

Yes but Ford aren't too far behind them this year.
I think we came top in 2007 :/

i hate shitroens but weirdly i like peugeots. Owned 2 406's (1.9td saloon and a 2.0Hdi estate) and couldn't fault them. the strang thing is peugeot and shitroen are built in the same factory iirc.

Maybe so, but they make some stonking good cars despite their casual approach to quality control which can end you up with a car typical of British Leyland on a Friday under the reign of Red Robbo

I had the Renault 21 2.0 Turbo, that was a phenomenal car, looked totally innocuous but would give Sierra Copsworths a really hard time, especially if any corners were involved.

Mrs XIIVVX had a C3 1.4 diesel which did us something like 170,000 miles in five years returning close to 60 mpg and never missed a beat.

I have had much worse cars from other manufacturers.

I must admit though that, at the moment, there''s not a lot coming from that side of the channel I'd give drive space to.

A guy I worked for had a grey one of these I used to borrow, absolutely absolutely brilliant, best car I ever drove god knows what the 4x4 version was like. It loved a damm good thrashing.

I havent seen one on the road for years sadly

The 4WD was heavier and had more power losses through the drivetrain. The FWD had beautiful neutral handling as you know - it was the pick of the bunch.

Mine was grey too - stealth or what?

Like a rocket powered go cart, not that I have ever tried a go cart or a rocket come to that but fantastic car. It did seem to spend a lot of the time in the renault garage though.

Currently own a Pug 207 after moving on from the Puma, tho not getting the same thrill the Puma gives, the money I'm saving through insurance and petrol usage more than makes up for it. I've owned it coming up to 3 months now and only had one problem with the door going out of line which Peugeot solved no problem

My next car is likely going to be French

DSC_0347_900px.jpg

Let's not forget in the mid eighties/early nineties, Peugeot was on such a roll with cars like the 205 GTi, 309 GTi, 306 GTi-6/Rallye, 106 GTi/Rallye. Shame they've so comprehensively lost the plot recently, although the 208 GTi concept looks promising:

peugeot-208-162121242275061600x1060.jpg

I've never owned a French car, but it can't be any worse than my Mini. It creaks, rattles, and constantly flashes warning lights at me.

Patch said:
Currently own a Pug 207 after moving on from the Puma, tho not getting the same thrill the Puma gives, the money I'm saving through insurance and petrol usage more than makes up for it. I've owned it coming up to 3 months now and only had one problem with the door going out of line which Peugeot solved no problem

Did you get rid of PITA?

Got £1000 off Peugeot for PITA. Considering the rust and the damage on the rear wing was quite pleased

I've had six Citroens over the years, and no trouble with any of them:
GS Pallas
Xantia 3.0-litre V6
Xantia 2.0-litre Turbo Activa
Xantia 3.0-litre V6 (another!)
C5 2.2-litre HDi Exclusive SE Estate
C5 2.2-litre HDi SX

Bought the old dear a C3 1.4sx a few years back and despite her doing nothing to help the poor things longevity (found out only the other week that she hasn't even gone as far as having the oil changed since she got it), it has only had one problem in all that time which was a dodgy injector caused by a poor windscreen jet fitting which let rain water drip onto the injector through the bonnet.

Drove it a few times myself and was good fun although the seats were even worse than the Puma ones. Have had a BX Gti a loooong time ago, ugly car but pretty good fun too.

Back