"Friday" R99 JRW - Very Picture Heavy

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK let's call it the puma - n/a - boost - 200+ bhp club, just so everyone is happy, Jesus do I have to think of everything! :D

d170sam said:
OK let's call it the puma - n/a - boost - 200+ bhp club, just so everyone is happy, Jesus do I have to think of everything! :D

How about you stop coming up with fancy pants ideas and get your bloody car finished!! :lol: I've been looking forward to you car being done for years now!

Lol, it has been a long time, been collecting parts for just over 3 years now! it's not all been wasted time as I have done the FRP conversion in that time! It's amazing looking at other projects like yours and mac's are up and running in half the time! I need to get my a-game on

you may already know, you may not care!

but your baby has tonight been splashed all over facebook

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=603778736353096&set=a.103789516352023.5447.100001629247587&type=1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

spjmorris said:
you may already know, you may not care!

but your baby has tonight been splashed all over facebook

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=603778736353096&set=a.103789516352023.5447.100001629247587&type=1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh... No I wasn't aware it was on other pages.
Nice to know one or two like it.

Well very little work has been done on 'Friday' since the construction of a Dunlop Puma Cup car, but with that one pretty much complete now, the focus will turn back to Friday to rebuild the issues it has culminating with Lightning Motorsport changing the management once again.
Had a brand new set of coilovers fitted and an eye mount rear beam again so he's sat on the wheels now.
The coilovers won't be lowered but instead raised to give good ground clearance.
I've fitted a larger intercooler and swapped out the blow off valve with a nice Bailey one and also fitted a seat that actually fits and very comfortable.
Over the next few months it should see this monster corrected and back to a glory it once had.

Mac, this is one of many Puma's I like on here. I've read all 27 pages (took me a while) and I really like what you done to a standard puma making it into a racing puma. It's not the cost that goes into this puma but its the hard work, love, enjoyment, fun and care that goes into it, as well as the disagreements, swearing and the cuts and bruises that goes with it.

I know my Puma isn't like yours but I'm enjoying the fun of putting it back on the road and saving it from the crusher. I love to see your Puma on the track one day and see it kick over 300hp while leaving other slow cars eating your dust. :thumbs:

Thank you very much for your kind words.

It certainly has been through quite a bit, from being fettled with a few modifications to nearly FRP spec, then crashing it and being told to just scrap it, then the rebuild trailing into the turbo project and still a little ways to go on that front.
Its been on the track a couple of times, the best of all at Rockingham when the turbo had just been fitted where the field did indeed get trounced by the power of the car. Maybe it will go on track again one day but after the Cup car being completed, there clearly is a definitive track car for me to play with now.

Its good that you're sticking with your putting it back on the road rather than just binning it for another that already works.

Thats true Mac! My 2 young nephews want my Puma and been fighting who will have it one day. They 3 and 4 this month and they know what they want. They want my Puma. :lol:

hewy said:
Thats true Mac! My 2 young nephews want my Puma and been fighting who will have it one day. They 3 and 4 this month and they know what they want. They want my Puma. :lol:

You can't deny them that... everyone should have a Puma.

Well theres been nothing on this in a while.
There has been stuff going on behind the scenes of late and work is in full swing on the car.
Hopefully but the end of this week the car will be fully rebuilt and a trip to LMS next week for a swap of the management to a nice standalone plug and play system.

Back