Friggin water leak again

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingerdave

Leak in passenger foot well .....again.seamsealed seams and grommets under fuse box ,still leaking.Its dribbling down behind the ECU.Can I remove the ECU to get a better view up under the bulkhead??.Thanks

Bad news.. you can whip out the ecu, but wont see much.
To really get in there, its a dash out job.
Not as difficult as it sounds, but hard enough. (especially if you`ve not done it before)
Those grommets are still prime suspects. Have a look behind the fuse box to make sure the drain is clear (it`ll be muddy in there)
Have you looked at your window seal? Older Fords ALL leaked in from around screen into the footwells...

I had this problem, my water drains under the scuttle were blocked so all the water was seeping in around the windscreen. Sucked all the shite out and it was fixed :eek:k:

I have recently got the wet passenger carpet footwell but cannot find where seeping from its not swimmimg but very sodden, also rear window seems condensate from inside to.
Never had anything before and wonder if it happens more so because car is now on drive sloping nose down?
How do I clean out scuttle drains?
And also check ac condensate hose, is there any pics?

When my left hand side side carpet got wet I found that water was getting over the door seal by the sill. As this was split I replaced it but water is still getting in at the same place. Rain seems to run into the channel between the outer rubber and the part which slots over the body. I tried to reset the door in case it was not closing tightly enough against the seal but someone has buggered up one of the torx bolts. I will have to get a new bolt and chisel the old one out but has anyone got any ideas why the water gets over the seal? There is no problem on the offside. The car is inclined slightly to the left where it is parked.

Steve, I had the same issue with water leaks on the door and hatch seals.
I replaced the door seals with new OEM seals.
The hatch seal is no longer available, so ordered a hatch seal from a Mondeo. I trimmed in length to fit the Puma. It fitted fine.
I fitted all the seals with Silicone Sealent between the seal and body seam, to prevent leaks.
I also bought some 10mm diameter Silicone Foam Cord and threaded it into the hollow section of the seal, all the way round. This maintains the shape of the seal and maintains a better seal on the door frame.
Also applying Silicone Grease to the seals, keeps them in good condition and prevents leaks.
Regards, Jason

Latest posts

Back