Front wing repair sections.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2

Hi,
Last year I found that my nearside front wing had rusted through right at the bottom near the to attachment bolts. I tried to source a second hand solid wing, after numerous emails and phone calls I tracked one down and had it delivered. Guess what it was rusty in the same place as mine but not as bad. I still had to have the bottom re-fabricated before having the whole wing sprayed fitting it to the car which in its self was a bit of a faff.

Now the company who made the repair section could fabricate them if there is enough interest for them to make them. This has some merits. The repair section which would be the bottom 150mm of the wing just below the ridge could be welded on with out removing the wing which would save time and labour costs. It is more than likely any second hand wing would need the repair any way. I am just sounding out if there is any interest before proceeding further.

I have tried to attach a photo as a file but am not able to despite the photo being less then the 5.5MB limit.

Comments please

Regards
Richard

Hi.
spoke to the fabricators and will be taking a wing in for them to base a quote for a price. I am assuming that you all have a problem with the nearside wing as I did on the two wings I had. Please let me know.
Regards.

Hi Richard
This is a common problem for both sides due to the gap in the wheel arch carpet that lets crud through and rots the bottom of the wings. There has been discussions on this forum about the sandcastles that accumulate there when you pull back the carpet cove, which I try to do twice a year.

Hi All.

I have been to the fabricators the can do the a repair sections at £50 a pair. This is a cost price. I will sell them at cost price plus the postage as I am not in this to make money out off PP members. I can also ask for single sides to be made.

Does anyone wish to place an order?

Regards,
Richard.

If you have the photo's still then you might have less trouble uploading since the upgrade as I made some adjustments to allow bigger files.

Hi,

I went to the fabricators again today. I have ordered a sample so I can hopefully post photos. There is a minimum order of 20 units in order for them to be costed at £25 apiece, one unit being one repair section be it drivers or passenger wing. So provided I get orders totaling 20 units its a goer.

Regards,
Richard

PS I still can't post photos. It is weird, I have posted shots taken on my phone downloaded via my pc. Some I can post others I can't. Has anyone an idea why this is?

Hi Richard,

I tested with your pictures and you're right there was a problem. Whilst the size limit for attachments was a greater size to your files there was an additional setting elsewhere which was limiting images specifically to a size about a third of one of your images.

You should be able to attach them yourself now!!

Also I added the ones you sent in your post above.

Red

This how it looks when welded. This was my wing that I bought second hand that needed the repair section. Bear in mind the cost and labour with the repair done with the wing in situ on the car would be less than removal of the wing.

Regards

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 140
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 139
Hi Richard

Late to the party here, but another one interested in these, driverside is worse for me.

Latest posts

Back