FRP 591, FRP replica, plus turbo conversion project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
r u going to use low comp pistons or r u using a decomp plate?????? also were did u get ur bottom end shells from??

When do you think you will have all the parts for your new engine ? looks like you have quite a collection of parts already!!!!

youve obviusly done yourr homework, the parts that other people have struggled with, youve got sorted, like the top feed injector rail! So much more choice for top feed injectors! And that turbo has quicker spool then some T25's, because its the dual ball bearing turbo if im not mistaken! Good luck with this, the car looks amazing in black, like the Racing Puma's evil twin!!! :lol:

I notice you have gold lug nuts, are they alloy nuts, and if so, what type are they? I was looking for someone who had these fitted, as i saw some D1 spec nuts i was going to use, but was worried about the strength, and also that if i use 3 alloy light weight nuts, and 1 heavy lock nut, would there be wheel balancing issues, or would the fact that they are so close to the centre mean it wont be noticable?? Let me know how you are finding them

eddy said:
r u going to use low comp pistons or r u using a decomp plate?????? also were did u get ur bottom end shells from??

low compression forged pistons and forged rods :)

yippeekiay said:
Wish I had a mechanic friend with his own garage....what fun could be had as your proving!!!!! :thumbs:
very true, i have been playing around with the idea of making our own jet engine out of an old turbo when were next bored lol

Voa said:
When do you think you will have all the parts for your new engine ? looks like you have quite a collection of parts already!!!!

it will be a little while yet, i have a lot more parts to get, i will update reguarly though with progress

PumaNoob said:
youve obviusly done yourr homework, the parts that other people have struggled with, youve got sorted, like the top feed injector rail! So much more choice for top feed injectors! And that turbo has quicker spool then some T25's, because its the dual ball bearing turbo if im not mistaken! Good luck with this, the car looks amazing in black, like the Racing Puma's evil twin!!! :lol:

I notice you have gold lug nuts, are they alloy nuts, and if so, what type are they? I was looking for someone who had these fitted, as i saw some D1 spec nuts i was going to use, but was worried about the strength, and also that if i use 3 alloy light weight nuts, and 1 heavy lock nut, would there be wheel balancing issues, or would the fact that they are so close to the centre mean it wont be noticable?? Let me know how you are finding them

thanks for the comments! :) yeah your right about the turbo too, as for the wheel nuts, they are alloy i got them from a company called 'rally nuts' they are based down here in cornwall, they have a good web site though! they have been trouble free since i had them on mine for over a year now, i only have three on each wheel as i have locking wheel nuts too, never had a problem with the balancing and i reguarly hit tripple figures :)

cheers

sam

The only thing to remember and its very important, never use a air gun to do them up, they are fine to be tightened to the standard torque of the wheel nuts but an air gun can strip the thread or round off the bolts, either way it will wreck them!

I don't use an airgun on wheel nuts anyhow for 2 reasons. The 1st and probably the most important thing is, I don't have one!! :grin: the next is, even standard bolts can be a nightmare to get off without damaging them when they've been tightened with an air gun. The alloy nuts are only anodised, so it would be easy to damage them.

Yeah I use mine very occasionally, I often use my friends electric buzz gun, it's a very cool but of kit

PumaNoob said:
I don't use an airgun on wheel nuts anyhow for 2 reasons. The 1st and probably the most important thing is, I don't have one!! :grin: the next is, even standard bolts can be a nightmare to get off without damaging them when they've been tightened with an air gun. The alloy nuts are only anodised, so it would be easy to damage them.

Brilliant, lol

couple new parts this month, got some new parts from ford, oil pick up pipe/screen, injector seals, gearbox vent, crank oil seal, also got a reconditioned starter motor, some an10 aeroquip fittings for my breather system, and some an4 aeroquip fittings for the oil feed lines, i have also sent away my custom fuel rail and cam cover to have an6 and an10 fittings added respectively

ae435ba2.jpg

a39dba3e.jpg

fd5d0a4a.jpg

eb5a1522.jpg

7bceafae.jpg

ddd770c5.jpg

7e1ad7ea.jpg

f21890e2.jpg

Back