FRP info

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salmon

Hi all, looking to swap my cars around in the next few months and a frp is currently high on my list and have a few questions;

- What kind of cash would a really clean, say sub 70k mile frp go for nowadays?
- Although i'd not be be buying as any kind of investment, if rather not lose too much in depreciation. How are values at the moment rising or falling?
- Do they suffer the same rust issues as standard pumas, as the car would be kept outside.
-And finally (sorry), do they easily accept a child seat in the rear seats?

Sorry, just realised I have posted in the wrong area - mods could you move to the frp general area?

Thanks!

Where do we start,

views differ, but i think prices have risen slightly since I bought mine 3 years ago, you can pay anything from £3k to around £7k tops, but you should get a pretty good one below £6k, rust issues not so much of an issue around the edge of the arch, but they do suffer at the panel joint with the sill and just inside the rear arch by the base of the sill. There are still plenty of guys that keep them outside.

You need to be aware that the front brakes need regular maintenance and are really expensive (disks are circa £400 a pair) and calipers are like rocking horse droppings.

I used to have a child seat in my standard puma and the rear seat is the same in an FRP, however the seats dont recline as much in the front, so depending how old the child is you may struggle getting them in.

Simon

I just missed out on a tidy looking 113k mile one that went for £2900 but ones that cheap are scarce

Great thanks! Need to shift my current car, but would guess 5-6k budget. Kind of used to expensive maintenance already - however would look to get the car checked over by somebody who knows what they are looking at to a avoid the big bills.. Good to know a child seat will fit, will have to look over one again as been a while since I sold my old puma.

I've got two kids, aged 3 and 6, one is in a booster and the other still has a normal child seat, the child seat is fine but my 6 year old is quite tall on his booster so my drivers seat has to be slid forward a couple of notches to allow him space for his legs. Oh, and a buggy or pushchair will not fit through the opening of the boot. That's why I got a Fiesta Zetec-S as well!

FRP isnt for your kids, its for having a bit of fun, make the kids walk or give them to charity or something whilst your driving it... :grin:

£5-6K will get you a tidy, usable FRP. Below this, you'll be looking at a high mile, possibly tatty example that could need some work to bring it up to standard.

Buy the best you can afford.

Cheers, good to know that kids seats will fit ok. Budget is kind of dependent on what I get for my car but will hopefully be enough for a nice one. Only one local at the minute is up for 4.2k, but looks like it needs a decent amount of paint. Based on what i paid to sort similar issues on my current car (about £1800), doesn't make it look as cheap..

Back