FUEL TANK REPLACEMENT. HOW!?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reecey

Need some urgant help here people. Ive hit a bump in the puma and dented my fuel tank and now its leaking! :(

I need a new fuel tank. Does anyone know how to replace these? What do i have to do because i dont have a clue?? :\ - Is it difficult? Is there anything i should be aware of when im taking it off??

Any help would be sooo much appreciated!

Thanks alot :)

Reece..

Firstly, why do you need a new fuel tank? Theyre a bit of a pain to replace of full of fuel but on the whole not too bad. Need to get the car jacked up high though. The only fiddly parts will be releasing the filler neck and the sender unit.
Is your tank rotten or have a hole in it? I cant think why else it would need replacing.

Its very easy to do, just takes time. First things first, disconnect the battery, you dont want any sparks down there!!!

Jack the car up at the rear and put on axle stands. Try and do it with as little fuel in the tank as possible. Remove fuel filter and filler neck jubilee clip, and take out the 4 bolts holding the fuel tank in. Its good to have a trolley or something just underneath the tank too stop it falling. unplug the square plug on the sender unit, and the 2 fuel pipes that connect to the unit. They unclip by pinching the tabs at the side. Once thats done, it should slide out. If yyo need to fit your sender to the new tank, you need to gently tap the fixing ring anti clockwise to release the sender. Then do the whole process backwards on the new tank. Might be a good idea to get a mask to protect against vapours, ive known people feel quite ill after doing a tank change because of the fumes.

if its dented its worth replacing as it will be giving you an innacurate fuel reading

I've got a tank for sale £40. I can fit it if your anywhere near me in North Wales, can post at extra cost.

Latest posts

Back