Gearbox options

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulob1

Okay guys what options do I have for gearboxes, if I am going for 300plus bhp I will need a stronger box I reckon, and just wondering which one to go for...I know you guys have a good amount of knowledge about gearbox fittings and options, ideally the easiest fit is best...but happy to have drive shafts made etc...mating to the engine as easily as possible and gear linkage are my biggest concern

dont know, do they do a set for the ib5 box. if they did that would be absolutely marvellous, i could then run to 160 mph gearing, and still have a good spread of ratios...

And to add on... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quaife-ATB-Helical-LSD-Differential-Ford-Puma-QDF7Z-/221064380938?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item337876c20a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

we get it at a discount anyway as we have trading accounts with them...this could work out very good indeed, never thought about fitting stronger gears, that really would make life a lot simpler...am a dumb cluck, we do it with cossie boxes and I just completely forget about the option in my head...

these cars will be getting expensive...

4000 for base car.
4000 for engine and bits 300 or thereabouts NA and maybe 400-500 with right turbo
2000 for box
1000 for odds and sods

£11,000, now what can I buy for £11,000 that is 1000kg, front drive, handles well and ticks all the right boxes...hmm likely nothing...

elise/exige...more..and no room to get in or out
esprit s4s or V8 bit more and mega cars...licence in danger.
clio...good cars, just dont like them...
focus, okay good cars...
VXR again good car, new one has 277 bhp...wow...

etc etc..

sequential shift one from a s1600....! you know you want to!!!

dunno if itl handle the power tho, think the s1600s were 200 odd brake

my mates got a hewland straight cut box on his nova, always seems to be going wrong lol

damn just deleted a long post..
got two new engines coming.
but customer cars are taking preference of course and all my cars are awaiting work...
nitrous only car I am running right now...real bummer

ah okay, thanks for that, not really into sequential boxes...but will have a look...

Back