good cheap sat nav?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deejames

there are quite a few cheap sat navs under £100 - my question is are any of them any good?
i would only find one usefull occasionaly so do`nt want to spend more than i have to.

I've got a little Garmin i3 streetpilot, picked it up off eBay for about £50 used, but it works a treat. Having said that, I don't use it anymore, as I have my iPhone with CoPilot. But it's compact, you get updates on request via a free CD from Garmin, and although it's not touch screen etc, it works well. No need to pay more than you need to!

If you have an Android phone then Co-Pilot is fantastic, I use it all the time and it's only about £25

Hollywood said:
I've got a little Garmin i3 streetpilot, picked it up off eBay for about £50 used, but it works a treat. Having said that, I don't use it anymore, as I have my iPhone with CoPilot. But it's compact, you get updates on request via a free CD from Garmin, and although it's not touch screen etc, it works well. No need to pay more than you need to!

thanks Hollywood - one for the short list :thumbs:

red said:
If you have an Android phone then Co-Pilot is fantastic, I use it all the time and it's only about £25

i have a BB - it has a map feature but it`s not easy to use on the move . . . hence the need for a sat nav (according to my wife i should add)

Also, enter this code on tesco online for £20 off of TomTom satnavs at the mo (until 16/10/11). It was on my petrol receipt!

ECoupon: TD-TFMM

Hollywood said:
Also, enter this code on tesco online for £20 off of TomTom satnavs at the mo (until 16/10/11). It was on my petrol receipt!

ECoupon: TD-TFMM

thanks mate :thumbs:

I have a Nokia 5230 mobile on PAYG.
With most Nokia phones you get free map downloads and updates, covers most of the world. No need to have a separate SaNav.
I have UK on it at the moment, but, for example, if I was going to Canada next week, I can just go to their website and download street-level maps for there.
http://www.nokia.co.uk/apps-maps-and-more" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/maps-support/compatibility-and-download" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ive had navman and rac and both are crap tbh,but do rate any garmin or tom tom.with all the map apps now think they are a dieing fad.bit like pagers versus mobile phones!

I know it costs a little more, but had my tom-tom one for about 3 years and never had a single problem with it. when my wife's Navman gets confused we call on the tom-tom to get us out of trouble, I guess you get what you pay for with sat navs. just found I have to update the maps though, otherwise might end up driving the wrong way down a new one way street. but I guess that's where the common sense comes in?

Plus it has the voice of the posh radio 4 lady built in as standard, oh how I do like her voice :wub:

Hi there, I have a Garmin nuvi 1300 £99 from halfords and never had a problem with it! There is also a Tom Tom at halfords for £99, I've never had a Tom Tom but hear there good!

Check out halfords they have many sat navs starting around £60

Dave93.marsh said:
Hi there, I have a Garmin nuvi 1300 £99 from halfords and never had a problem with it! There is also a Tom Tom at halfords for £99, I've never had a Tom Tom but hear there good!

Check out halfords they have many sat navs starting around £60

thanks Dave, to be honest i`m looking at the £60 ones at the moment but i don`t know anybody who has used one - at the end of the day you get what you pay for i supose.

from the responses i`ve had so far i think the two you mentioned may be the way to go :thumbs:

Another vote for Co-Pilot, though I use it on my Windows phone. Don't need anything else. I certainly wouldn't buy a stand-alone unit these days.

What's a BB?

XIIVVX said:
Another vote for Co-Pilot, though I use it on my Windows phone. Don't need anything else. I certainly wouldn't buy a stand-alone unit these days.

What's a BB?

Black Berry - the maps feature is great and fine if i`m reading it but my wife hates it and wants a cheap sat nav . . .

Back