Has anyone fitted racing puma rear quarters

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evileye5060

Was woundering if anyone could help me thinking of getting racing puma bodykit and if any one had any advice would be great

yes, and there is a guide here on how to fitt the factroy oem rear Arches,

but there are severeal ways of fitting the replica panels.,

I glued mine on, after trimming the original Arches to make room for the wider track.

but some cut away and tuck the New panel.. not entierely shure how that Works thoug.

you may have a look at my Project in my signature. there are noe to many pics in the tread, because I started it on puma People, but there should be a link to all the photos :)

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=22567&hilit=frp+arch+fitting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi thanks yeah iv been looking at yours it looks fat.im just worrying about it cracking like were you have to blend it in To the body .was it just a glue you used and filler
To blend it in or is there something eles you use .i was thinking pop rivet it on all
Way round but is that over kill .and did you fill the gap between the new arch and the old one with expanding foam .thanks for the help

i used a werry strong bonding agent caled sikaflex to fitt it to the body, and then i made a grove in the panel, and filled it and the "gap" between the bodey and the panel whit epoxy filler resin. and then normal body filler.

now it has cracked, but not where I had used filler, and only because it got coverd by a ton of snow. it was the plastic itselfe which was thin in some Places, and cracked some Points where there was no glue underneeth the panel, (my panels are werry flexible for some reason)

i did also rivit them in Place, but I would advice you not to, as the rivits wil rust and show trough after it has been painted, I drilled out all my rivets after the glue had set, and wished that I had never done it in the first Place :)

So you sort of grooved out a channel around the out side of the in side of the rear quarter and filled it with the epoxy stuff .well I did think that about the rivets as u can't really treat them we're you drill the holes .thanks for the help m8 really appreciate it .iv brought 20mm spacers on the rears with drums but Bet the wheels are gona still look lost .did you use a racing puma rear beam?

Yes, my suspension is full frp spec :) the rear disc Conversion also adds a few med mer to the With of the rear Axel :)

Back