Has It Been Done?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyHighatrist

Moreso, is it worth it?

A friend has put an idea into my head . . . . . The engine from a Mondeo st24 . . . . I know its a 2.5 v6 around 170bhp . . . . . worth the swap or a waste of time??

I see things breaking but I'm by far no expert...I really shouldn't have replied to this as I'm less than novice...

But no doubt that Gary Coleman guy will be along to answer your query in MUCH detail.

Project thread here, but he hasn't got as far as fitting the engine yet :?

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=15870&hilit=project+pete" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iv seen it done BUT alot work but a v6 would be the dogs how fast do you think you would get out of it?

new_puma said:
I see things breaking but I'm by far no expert...I really shouldn't have replied to this as I'm less than novice...

But no doubt that Gary Coleman guy will be along to answer your query in MUCH detail.

Lol, i take it im the Gary Coleman guy??? That made me giggle! :lol:

Im not the person to ask about the V6, the car will definitely take the power, and will sound AWESOME, im pretty sure it fits but how easy it will be to fit i dont know. Jacko has also done a lot of research into this aswell as the thread mentioned earlier, so they will probably be your best source for info!

quest63 said:
Yeah that Gary Coleman guy heir to the mustard empire :grin:

You pillock, Gary coleman has nowt to do with mustard or any of that range of cooking sauces!!! :lol:

Sauce.jpg

If you're going for a duratec V6 why stop at 2.5l when you could go for 3.0l

ST220 has a Duratec 3.0 putting out 220bhp as standard but....

...the S type Jag uses the same engine, putting out 240bhp as standard and old ones are cheap as chips just now! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Since I got my Puma, I've been wondering how much it would cost to take the K20 out of a Honda Type-R and drop it in.

After all, if you're going to drop in a powerful engine, why not go to the people who made the 160BHP 1.6 B16 engine?

well any engine will fit its if you can make it work the loom i would say would be a bitch to do

That Jag s type has seriously got me thinking now . . . Possible 'project thread' in the works. Just got to convince the better half now :D

Back