heater

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLJ

well its getting a bit cooler so my lynn put heater on puma no working :roll: so new heater control £15 inc postage job done this is my 3rd puma this year t reg phase 2 nice model for the money no top end rattle BUT check your heaters before it gets tooo cold

and if you havnt got a genuine ford hcv ordered you will be replacing it again with in weeks or days,allways use a ford genuine part :eek:k:

fitted these before fhv001m(modified) never had a problem with them

you on about teh heater control valve under the bonnet or the heater stat behind the dials?

ScubaSteve said:
you on about teh heater control valve under the bonnet or the heater stat behind the dials?
the one under da bonnet

martinthrapston said:
thats the hcv valve,might be useful if you post a link for the part as you recommend it as being good....
i obtained it from EMOTORS on ebay they give good service good prices not had one go wrong and i do a lot of various repairs on cars of all makes

Good luck with that. I'd love to know if it works; people dont say buy a genuine for one for no reason. Most people on here have 'been there done that' and will all say get a genuine ford one, not one off ebay, no matter how reputable the seller is.

You have definately been lucky, 3rd party is a minefield of ticking time bombs with short fuses!

haGGard said:
Good luck with that. I'd love to know if it works; people dont say buy a genuine for one for no reason. Most people on here have 'been there done that' and will all say get a genuine ford one, not one off ebay, no matter how reputable the seller is.
yes its still working i think if you know the parts you decide whether buying genuine or after market if wise but knowing your parts help ,im keeping 6 cars going at the mo vauxhall 2.5 micra 1.3 ford ka (poorly in my garage lots of welding)puma 1.7 honda crx del sol vxi triumph 1850 so you get to test out a few

ScubaSteve said:
You have definately been lucky, 3rd party is a minefield of ticking time bombs with short fuses!
i have had genuine parts breakdown too 1 of parts was a cam belt unusual but happens

Back