Hello, first time Puma owner.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadSteve89

Hello,

My names Steve, just purchased my first Puma in silver with a 1.7 lump under the bonnet.

Have a couple questions, those being;

A) When the car sits at idle, i feel a slight vibration. Is this normal? Or should i be concerned? Oh, and the cars had its clutch changed a week ago.

B) Power steering, should it be really light or tiny bit heavy when turning?

Long time reader, too long registering.

:)

crispy1980 said:
a. - what are the revs sitting at when idling?

b. - steering is nicely weighted, depends what your interpretation of heavy is?

Just sitting below the 1000 revs marker.

Probably a bit too high, but then first puma en all. Wasn't fully sure what to expect.

it should feel very direct and controlled with the steering. as for the revs, they seem to be about right. not really noticed mine vibrating much tbh? no more than a car will do.

Car should handle (on rails :cool: ) and go really well bud.
Welcome :grin:

i thought my steiring was heavy but someone told me it was normal lol steers well just lil heavy but i like it dont tend to swerve as much as it would bein light lol

and as for being a lil lumpy i solve mine by changin the spark plugs made so much off a difference used to caugh a lil wen i put foot down in second gear stopped that now 2

MadSteve89 said:
Just sitting below the 1000 revs marker.

Probably a bit too high, but then first puma en all. Wasn't fully sure what to expect.

Normal, also power steering is weighted as above

Thanks people.

And the info's eased my mind on it, well i took it out tonight as the roads are quiet.

What a car. :grin:

Mega fun to drive.

Gonna have to book her in for a service, is due one shortly.

How much oil do the engines take?!

I think it's about 4.75 litres, though it should say in your handbook if you've got one.

Cherie said:
I think it's about 4.75 litres, though it should say in your handbook if you've got one.

Had a look, will do another dipstick today. As i put more in the other day, but it still looks below the minimum.

My car and the Mrs.'s car's take no extra oil at all.
If you are topping up on a regular basis,have a look at where you are loosing it......may be a gasket somewhere.
Just hope you are not burning it :cry:

My puma also had quite severe vibrations when idleing too. Never used to, but it developed one day. The garage checked everything but couldnt find anything, was like that for months.

The steering is heavier than most cars power steering i would say.

Spit;

She aint burning oil, so that's a good sign. I got her booked back in for some work underneath etc.

haGGard;

So i'm not the only one noticing it, might be a mount that's loose somewhere.

Noticed i haven't posted any pics of my Puma, sorry for the delay;

Puma1.jpg

DSC_0601.jpg

DSC_0600.jpg

70,0400 miles on the clock, and it's fitted with a "Lux Pack" option from factory.

Welcome. Car looks good but that's probably because it's in the best colour ;)

Looking at your side on picture I just can't understand why they stopped selling the Puma. Maybe I'm biased now as it looks so bloody good compared to the hum drum cars of today and the ones around at the time it was being made. Can't understand why I never looked at one before I bought one, whatever angle you look at them they look nice.

Back