Hello

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwood

Hi all am new to this site and just brought a 2000 reg puma 1.7 in black needs a little tlc but had all belts changed, serviced reg, done 95000 and hoping to get it all up to standards it was when first made hopefully and also to use on track now and again. Live in cambridge

Welcome to the site.
I hope you enjoy your new ride :cool:

The beauty of our Pumas, is that they are easy to work on and parts are plentiful.
Rust is the killer, I hope you've found a good-un
Stu..

I have very light 50p piece bubbling on rear arches which will be dealt with asap. Needs a new wing and has been standing since October but very happy with it. Slight problem is when pushing hard on power from 4,000 revs decides to rev harder than it's actually going and don't know why

Lol all belts done by garage an had 800 pounds worth of stuff doing few months back just needs small tlc and then track day will be booked lol

Yeah good news that the belts have already been done so it's just rust your worst enemy then.
Barry

Yeah won't take long to sort if honest but better to do it an be safe

Dwood said:
Slight problem is when pushing hard on power from 4,000 revs decides to rev harder than it's actually going and don't know why

Do you mean the revs rise without the car increasing in speed proportionately? If so then it's your clutch slipping. Get a new clutch and you'll be away.

Hey clutch now booked In by a mate or £100 including parts so that's cool. And hopefully get it back to how it was

right well been to few garages today to get car checked over and heres how it went

first off new brake discs and pads needed (knew this)
exhaust from cat back needs replacing
two new tyres
wheel alignment
slight oil leak from somewhere near the top (advised could be a gasket cover or something)

suspension all looks ok so thats one less thing to worry about but wanted to get things replaced on car as and when for piece of mind and fact am going to do some track days

Latest posts

Back