Help me!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravengurlxx

Ok so I have a 1.4 1999 beauty. And someone went up her rear 4 weeks ago. The insurance want to write it off, but my mechanic says I should fight and find 3 Pumas, 1.4 at least 1998/2000 to show she's worth more than £200!
Any suggestions would be welcome, she's got so much life left in her I do NOT want to abandon her now!

How bad is the damage? You’ll struggle to find a boot floor, but if that is repairable the rest you could get secondhand no problem

The outer shell is smashed, boot sensor is showing open all the time. Light case needs replacing and then the rear subframe is... Buggered. That's why it's so dangerous to drive because the rear subframe is damaging the car everytime I drive it. So I don't now!

Surely if they've hit you then it should just be repaired, I didn't think the third party could write it off?

I'm no insurance expert though.

Hi Red, they haven't given me the final sentence, but im expecting the worst as she'sa19 years. the insurance company can say it's too old to fix, and write it off, however, the car can still be fixed as it's not been written off by a mechanic. This is the way it's been explained to me anyways. I'm just unsure of what to do really

red said:
Surely if they've hit you then it should just be repaired, I didn't think the third party could write it off?

I'm no insurance expert though.

Update:

I was given £500 for repairs on the car but having to save up more as it's more costly. Very annoyed as she's too old for the insurance to fix outright.

I imagine if the rear axles is bent ... the damage on the already soft rear metal around the axle mounting points might be done in.

Back