Help with engine replacement in N.Ire

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the big end went on my Puma Black a few weeks ago due to an oil leak.
I have it in with a local mechanic who will source an engine from a local breakers, but he says the injectors need re-programmed when you put a different engine into a Puma. He doesn't do this so I'm wondering if there is anyone in N.Ire who has experience of this?
I do know of a local guy who has a re-map for the Puma, is this something he may be able to do? (I know most obvious thing is to ask him, but just wondering if it's the same process before I contact him?)
Any thoughts and advice greatly appreciated.

He's incorrect, it'll run without any of that messing.

Let me know the mileage and I'll quote you on whatever I have in that range or less if you prefer.

Thanks Ian. I already got a quote from you through Facebook, but I might have to go local as it will save a lot on postage.
But thanks for confirming there is no reprogramming to be done.

I've never heard of this having to be done on a Puma... Sounds like he trying to pull a fast one.

Sound like you have the witch doctor replacing your engine and your puma is a cash cow? If it's like for like then there's no need to reprogram any thing. Ask him if the new engine will come with a new distributor cap, this chaps taking you for a ride.

Latest posts

Back