help

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dado_vct

Hi guys can someone help me with this...
35nd2j5.jpg

112g8aq.jpg

It houses the crankcase breather valve iirc

I have no idea if you can remove it but Im sure someone who knows will be along in due course

as a general rule its not a good idea to remove breathers fully, however on a couple of cars i've seen, fuel breather valves have been used to replace the piping, so they only protrude about 10mm

as for the black box could it possible be the idle control valve? not sure, its a complete guess as i havn't stripped my engine down that far yet

no its definately not the idle control valve, the ICV is higher up and a bit to the right, its cylindrical and held on by two 10mm bolts and has an electricl connector

This is a Puma ICV

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Puma-1-7-Intermotor-Idle-Control-Valve-ICV-Genuine-Air-Flow-OE-Spec-/230959304829?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3APuma&hash=item35c63f507d#ht_1819wt_1199" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The black box on the front of the engine is known as an oil separator, it houses the breather valve as said above. Kit car owners blank them off for simplicity. It you can put the valve to a catch can, and then blank the 2 manifold pipes off. They are plumbed in so when the engine is on vac, it sucks any crank case pressure out.

Back