Hey All

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little_Paul

Hey ,Im paul
Just brought a puma yesterday , im picking it up tomorrow
Its a green 1.7 , my first ford and its fairly rust free :grin:
I shall get some pictures once iv picked it up .
Any advice will be appreciated
thanks
Paul

Welcome Paul, from a fellow 'Green' owner!

What year is your Puma?
I have a 1998: Jewel Green.
The later is: Pacific Green which is lighter, more metallic/silvery...

Hi and welcome! :thumbs:

Whereabouts are you? If you need a Puma-friendly garage, check the Garage List in my sig to see if there's one we know about that's good near you.

Ok thanks , also having a problem with bonnet release have to pull stupidly hard to get it to pop open, is this common ? Also any ideas on how to fix this ? sorry if its common question but I couldn't find anything.
Paul

I haven't had a problem with the release lever, but I did have trouble releasing the actual catch on the front. A squirt with lubricant while moving it by hand solved that problem.

Have you checked:
The release cable looks ok... not jammed anywhere?
Mechanism appears to work 'freely'?
The 'hook' on the bonnet is not bent/out of line?

You could get someone to slightly lean on the front of the bonnet while you pull the lever. If it opens easier, maybe the mechanism on the front needs attention (grease/lubricant), or maybe the bonnet is closed down too tight, causing the mechanism to be tight.

Thanks for advice had a look at the items you said , also someone leaning on bonnet didn't help. But I have managed to find out the cable is pretty seized up, so hopefully with lubricant it will make it flow freely ,if not its a new cable jobby.
Thanks again
Paul

Welcome aboard, seems like theres a definate cabal of Green Meanies gathering on here lately lol :thumbs:

quest63 said:
Welcome aboard, seems like theres a definate cabal of Green Meanies gathering on here lately lol :thumbs:
A nice JEWEL GREEN Puma has turned up in the Project section!!

Back